DrPH Applicants Fall 2018

RR02

34 minutes ago, boisdejasmin said:

Have you been in touch with anyone at GW since your interview? I was expecting to get some notification to set up 1:1 interviews with professors sometime this week.

No I have not heard from GWU. I was not expecting to hear from them until the end of February, early March as I seem to remember that being the time frame they stated. 

I interviewed with GWU DrPH GH last week of Jan. No updates though they did say expect mail in 4 weeks. Also waiting on JHU customized DrPH - the application status has been "sent for review" for several weeks though an admission committee member asked me via email when I was expecting to hear back from my other schools (does that have anything to do with anything?). 

Edited by jr_tnd

7 minutes ago, jr_tnd said:

I interviewed with GWU DrPH GH last week of Jan. No updates though they did say expect mail in 4 weeks. Also waiting on JHU customized DrPH - the application status has been "sent for review" for several weeks though an admission committee member asked me via email when I was expecting to hear back from my other schools (does that have anything to do with anything?). 

Noooooo. I was hoping Global health hadn't started interviews :(. 

Congrats though!

On 2/6/2018 at 4:42 PM, GraddCaffe said:

I only applied to the Bloomberg DrPH (June 2018) and haven't heard anything yet other than "Application Sent for Review." Hopefully it doesn't take until March like it looks like it did last year. 

I also applied to Johns Hopkins and just have the same message that application was sent for review. 

On 2/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Globalhealthgirl said:

I also applied to Johns Hopkins and just have the same message that application was sent for review. 

Same status, though I did have faculty asking me when I'd hear back from some other school they wrote me a reference for...they have no idea I know they are on the admission committee 0_0 (which is why I didn't ask them to write me a SoPHAS reference in the first place). 

Any updates from GWU Health Behavior? I’m on my phone traveling so scrolling through the results dear isn’t quite possible right now. 

Also, I had my interview with Colorado School of Public Health if anyone else applied or had questions. They expect to let people know late February early March at the latest. 

3 hours ago, emjayco said:

Any updates from GWU Health Behavior? I’m on my phone traveling so scrolling through the results dear isn’t quite possible right now. 

Also, I had my interview with Colorado School of Public Health if anyone else applied or had questions. They expect to let people know late February early March at the latest. 

No GW DrPH updates on this site yet. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

7 hours ago, DrPH_WannaBe said:

No GW DrPH updates on this site yet. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Same for me, no updates from GW's Health Behavior department either. I'm hoping news will come sooner than later.

6 hours ago, Globalhealthgirl said:

I emailed Johns Hopkins admissions and was also told decisions would be communicated the middle of March.

Good to know. I'm assuming Health Policy & Management will be around the same time then.

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Globalhealthgirl said:

I feel the same way! But also feel disappointed since I haven't been offered any interviews yet which means most of the places I applied to are a no. GW told me through email that all doctoral applicants will be notified next week.

GW as in George Washington University? Did they say all doctoral applicants from all departments, etc.? Oh goodness. Been waiting ages for that if it is accurate.

1 hour ago, emjayco said:

GW as in George Washington University? Did they say all doctoral applicants from all departments, etc.? Oh goodness. Been waiting ages for that if it is accurate.

Yes, George Washington University. I asked about the status of my DrPh application global health track and the response I got back was that all doctoral applicants would be notified next week. I didn't ask any follow-up questions about department, etc.

9 hours ago, Globalhealthgirl said:

Yes, George Washington University. I asked about the status of my DrPh application global health track and the response I got back was that all doctoral applicants would be notified next week. I didn't ask any follow-up questions about department, etc.

Thank you! Sorry for the clarification question, I previously had a long conversation with someone before we found out we were talking about two different schools. At this point, I just want to know, so this helps considerably.

7 minutes ago, jr_tnd said:

If this is helpful to anyone, I received a rejection email from GW GH DrPH this morning. I interviewed back in January and thought it went pretty well. 

That's really helpful. Thanks. Looks like they're starting to trickle out. Sorry for the rejection. Do you have another acceptance?