DrPH Applicants Fall 2018

RR02

Got my George Washington DrPH Global Health rejection :( . Had a couple of weeks to come to terms with it - as didn't have an interview, so figured I wasn't on the short list. Nice to know the outcome at least....

Only Hopkins to go! Another 3 weeks of waiting then....

1 hour ago, emjayco said:

I'm sorry to hear about the GWU rejections. Did anyone who interviewed hear anything back?

It looks like jr_tnd a few posts up had an interview and heard back about their rejection. Wondering if acceptances will take longer since they usually have the funding notifications with them. Also all the rejection notices so far were from global health.

1 hour ago, Globalhealthgirl said:

It looks like jr_tnd a few posts up had an interview and heard back about their rejection. Wondering if acceptances will take longer since they usually have the funding notifications with them. Also all the rejection notices so far were from global health.

I interviewed with the Health Policy program at the end of January. I hope what you say is the case and an offer and funding are forthcoming! 

24 minutes ago, Globalhealthgirl said:

Health policy may come later as it looks like Health Behavior people haven't heard anything yet either. Their admissions office told me at the beginning of this week that all doctoral applicants would be notified next week.

Yeah the only Health Behavior one I see was no interview. I get that there is a universal acceptance deadline of April 15, but why can't there be a universal notification deadline? And why can't that date be like 2 weeks ago...

New to this forum. Applied to Colorado School of Public Health's Community and Behavioral Health DrPH program. Had an interview 2 weeks ago. Waiting game right now. It's been the longest 2 weeks of my life. 

My understanding is that the decision letters will come out next week.

Besides Emjayco, anyone else applying to this program?

Fingers Crossed. 

Best of luck to all

@lincoln.hawks This waiting game is killing me. They said early March at the latest, but they were hoping this week. I'm hoping this means all my waiting will be done this week. Seems like it is such a small program not too many applied? Or they just don't obsess over access this website?

@Lrm72@boisdejasmin@drph_324 My DrPH Health Behavior acceptance email said the same thing about who to contact about financing but the attached 'official letter' said: "Additionally, I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended as a candidate for a Graduate Assistantship. Details about the assistantship opportunity will follow in an official letter." Sure would be nice to know what that means...or when the official letter mentioned in my official letter will come :) Congrats all!

@Lrm72 @drph_324 @emjayco @boisdejasmin  congrats on your acceptances! I was admitted to GW's Health Policy program today but no word on funding. ? 

If you dont mind my asking, how does everyone (except @emjayco) plan on financing their degree if they accept the offer? I thought some type of assistance would be offered (at least thats what I got from my interview). I cant fathom taking out any more student loans on top of what I have. Ughh!!

1 hour ago, emjayco said:

@lincoln.hawks This waiting game is killing me. They said early March at the latest, but they were hoping this week. I'm hoping this means all my waiting will be done this week. Seems like it is such a small program not too many applied? Or they just don't obsess over access this website?

@Lrm72@boisdejasmin@drph_324 My DrPH Health Behavior acceptance email said the same thing about who to contact about financing but the attached 'official letter' said: "Additionally, I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended as a candidate for a Graduate Assistantship. Details about the assistantship opportunity will follow in an official letter." Sure would be nice to know what that means...or when the official letter mentioned in my official letter will come :) Congrats all!

My letter says "we are in the process of identifying funding opportunities for which you might be a good fit. The Program Director will be reaching out to you soon to discuss some possible outcomes". I am a little surprised at this since my interview focused a fair amount on my experience teaching, so I was expecting to get plugged into a TA position first. Guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what they have waiting for me :)

Edited by boisdejasmin

I'm planning to attend only part-time and they warned that it was unlikely I'd receive funding in that case. I'm working with my employer to see if they can pony up some money to help pay for it. Whether I attend is totally dependent on that!

10 hours ago, drph_324 said:

Thanks to everyone on this forum! I was also just accepted to GW DrPH, for Global Health - boisdejasmin and lrm72, did you receive any info about scholarships? I'm assuming that no info means I didn't receive anything but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

I was accepted to the GW DrPH Global Health as well...didnt see any info about scholarships besides the link most people got about who to reach out to about Financial Aid. They asked me about my TAing experience during undergrad and grad school, so I assumed that may have meant I'd be considered for Teaching Assistantships but there was no word on that in the official letter. 

On 2/26/2018 at 5:04 PM, CallmeDrPH...maybe said:

I just got accepted at Tufts. Full tuition and a stipend! Looks like I'm going to be a Jumbo come fall!!

I went to Tufts for my undergrad - that's a pricey place, so congrats on that funding! Their PH programs are great. I know they are not located on the Medford campus, but if you have any questions I could potentially help with, let me know.

7 minutes ago, emjayco said:

I went to Tufts for my undergrad - that's a pricey place, so congrats on that funding! Their PH programs are great. I know they are not located on the Medford campus, but if you have any questions I could potentially help with, let me know.

Thank you. I actually did my MPH there so I’m thrilled to be going back and being a double-jumbo!