Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

Does anyone know if Laurier has given out all acceptances? I’m still anxiously waiting. I haven’t heard anyone saying they’ve been waitlisted or rejected as of yet. I hope that means they’re still slowly giving out acceptances. ?

Hi EndlesslyWaiting! I was accepted via ACORN on March 27th and saw no change on SGS for days afterwards. I received my snail mail package yesterday evening – my SGS now says "Decision Made". Would have been changed Tuesday at the earliest as it wasn't updated before the long weekend. In the past, all results (acceptance, waitlist, rejection) eventually saw "Decision Made" on SGS, but there seemed to be little rhyme or reason to how/when the site was updated. This year even ACORN was less reliable, as some people got acceptances in the mail, with no "Invited" on the site. Hang in there!

56 minutes ago, EndlesslyWaiting said:

Hi everyone!

like the most of you, I have been eying this forum and I have a question!

(BTW, I have applied to the 2 year MSW program at UofT)***

so today around 12pm my status on MyFile changed from Under Review to Decision Made. I called and they said that they are currently mailing out ALL decisions...

therefore, for all of you that have been accepted, did it say decision made for you as well? Is decision made a change in status that everyone experienced, regardless of acceptance or rejection? 

I’ve been a BUNDLE of nerves all day so it would really really help me out if you guys had any comments/answers to my question! 

I also have checked my mail - nothing.

Thank you guys!!! 

1 hour ago, EndlesslyWaiting said:

Hi everyone!

so today around 12pm my status on MyFile changed from Under Review to Decision Made. I called and they said that they are currently mailing out ALL decisions...

therefore, for all of you that have been accepted, did it say decision made for you as well? Is decision made a change in status that everyone experienced, regardless of acceptance or rejection? 

I’ve been a BUNDLE of nerves all day so it would really really help me out if you guys had any comments/answers to my question! 

Thank you guys!!! 

If you're referring to York's MyFile mine has also not changed from No Decision Yet! I received a phone call re my acceptance on March 27 and haven't heard or received a thing since :huh:. Although, if you received a phone call already you can be sure you're accepted. They must just be really slow in updating their system

*EDIT: I didn't realize U of T had "MyFile" too, only ACORN. My bad! 

Edited by smntoronto

Hello everyone,

Congrats to all accepted and fingers crossed to all of you who are still waiting. 

So I came up with another silly question and would be grateful if someone could answer it:  is there any required minimum of field practice hours for MSW graduate? 

Thank you in advance!

Edited by _Nomad_

23 minutes ago, cat_not_kitty said:

Hi EndlesslyWaiting! I was accepted via ACORN on March 27th and saw no change on SGS for days afterwards. I received my snail mail package yesterday evening – my SGS now says "Decision Made". Would have been changed Tuesday at the earliest as it wasn't updated before the long weekend. In the past, all results (acceptance, waitlist, rejection) eventually saw "Decision Made" on SGS, but there seemed to be little rhyme or reason to how/when the site was updated. This year even ACORN was less reliable, as some people got acceptances in the mail, with no "Invited" on the site. Hang in there!

Thank you! :D 

Is there anyone here who has been accepted to Laurier and was put on UofT's 2 year Wait list? I read on LORIS that we need to accept/decline by April 24th but I am worried about accepting and then getting admitted into UofT. I am wondering if anyone else is in this situation. UofT is my ultimate goal but I am very excited about getting into Laurier as well! 

Update for anyone interested in York or U of C.

Called York today and they said they will be updating my file in 2 weeks (at this point if you haven't heard its pretty much waitlist or rejection).

U of C has again said we will hear by the end of this week... 

2 hours ago, EndlesslyWaiting said:

Hi everyone!

so today around 12pm my status on SGS changed from Under Review to Decision Made. Does having it being changed to “decision made” mean ANYTHING good? I called and they said that they are currently mailing out ALL decisions...

Also, my SGS says “financially cancelled” does that mean I’m rejected? Or just because I haven’t been in school for 2 years?

Thank you guys!!! 

On their website it says - "Decision Made: A decision has been reached for your application. You will receive a notification via mail with the details of the decision".

1 hour ago, idmsw said:

Is there anyone here who has been accepted to Laurier and was put on UofT's 2 year Wait list? I read on LORIS that we need to accept/decline by April 24th but I am worried about accepting and then getting admitted into UofT. I am wondering if anyone else is in this situation. UofT is my ultimate goal but I am very excited about getting into Laurier as well! 

I think if you accept at Laurier, pay your deposit, then later get accepted to U of T, you can cancel your acceptance at Laurier and lose your deposit? (hopefully the deposit is small)

I would call Laurier and ask what happens if you accept and then change your mind. I would be interested to know as well... I have a great (permanent) job and I feel weird quitting to go back to school and get into debt, but its my dream to get my MSW so I'll probably take the less financially sound route LOL. Got to follow your dreams right??

18 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

soo no one else got acceptances for laurier's online program? lol laurier sure likes keeping us on our toes

I got mine at 630. If it means anytbing Miljana had told me I was the first completed application. I had everything in by January 8th! Last name starts with H but doubt that matters :) hopeful to hear of more Soon!!