Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

1 hour ago, KJE88 said:

I have created a Facebook group for Laurier's 2 year MSW

I have it set as a closed group so you will have to send a request to join. It made me add a friend to start the group so there is currently someone who is not actually in our class but once someone else joins I can remove her :) 

@SWMommy @Nervousme @2year.msw @johnhamont  I tagged the people who mentioned they were looking to connect but obviously everyone is welcome! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165235444294203/?ref=group_header

Joined!! Thanks so much for creating it. My name is Kristy ?

21 hours ago, Terrens123 said:

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, but I just received my offer of admission in the mail. I see that some of you are discussing about starting up a Facebook page for the class of 2020 @MSW2018applicant @nicoleMSW @cat_not_kitty. I'm quite active on Facebook (more than I should be) and can create one! :)

EDIT: I've gone ahead and created one. The group's name is: University of Toronto MSW at FIFSW | Class of 2020.

The following is a link to the page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209577219803864/?source=create_flow

Looking forward to meeting and working with all of you! 

Congratulations on the acceptance! And thank you so much for creating the facebook group. I'll join you guys after I finish my final exams! I have to create a facebook account first :P I look forward to meeting you. 

13 minutes ago, SammySam said:

at least there is still hope!! let's hold on to that!

I'm with you both in waiting for a response.  I also applied to Windsor's MSW for working professionals program, which I'm supposed to hear back from anytime between now & mid-April. 

Congratulations, ciders_only!!! Don’t know how I missed that you had also gotten accepted to U of T. Excited to be classmates — come join the FB group, if you haven’t already!: https://www.facebook.com/groups/209577219803864/?source=create_flow

The group is named University of Toronto MSW at FIFSW | Class of 2020, in case the link doesn’t work for you.

5 hours ago, ciders_only said:

Almost 2 days after getting my acceptance package for UofT's 2 Year MSW, and my ACORN status has not changed. I'm thinking its because my previous registration status is "financially cancelled" while being listed as a non-degree student - I graduated 2 years ago, so I don't know why it says that :P . Although my SGS portal does day "Decision Made".

I went during my lunch break at work and dropped off all of my signature papers, i was pretty giddy walking into the building yesterday.

I'm declining my offer to the 2 year MSW program at Laurier, hopefully it will be good news for you :) .

3 hours ago, KJE88 said:

I have created a Facebook group for Laurier's 2 year MSW

I have it set as a closed group so you will have to send a request to join. It made me add a friend to start the group so there is currently someone who is not actually in our class but once someone else joins I can remove her :) 

@SWMommy @Nervousme @2year.msw @johnhamont  I tagged the people who mentioned they were looking to connect but obviously everyone is welcome! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165235444294203/?ref=group_header

I joined too! Had to reactivate Facebook but it's worth it haha

I got a call from laurier this evening (online program). I was told 52 people were accepted and there will be a webinar in two weeks to explain how to enroll for classes ect. I was told a student success advisor would be my next point of contact setting things up to get started for May.

9 minutes ago, skd05 said:

I got a call from laurier this evening (online program). I was told 52 people were accepted and there will be a webinar in two weeks to explain how to enroll for classes ect. I was told a student success advisor would be my next point of contact setting things up to get started for May.

Thanks for the update! Did they mention when the other decisions will be going out and how many people are on a waitlist 

7 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Thanks for the update! Did they mention when the other decisions will be going out and how many people are on a waitlist 

She didnt say anything but this call was 5 mins ago if you wanna call!

11 minutes ago, skd05 said:

She didnt say anything but this call was 5 mins ago if you wanna call!

Goes straight to vm, they are probably working late but not taking in any calls. Im scared now lol why do i have a feeling that all of the admissions have been sent out 

11 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Goes straight to vm, they are probably working late but not taking in any calls. Im scared now lol why do i have a feeling that all of the admissions have been sent out 

Are you calling miljana directly?

Hey Guys,

I just had my phone appointment with Laurier adviser (finally!) and she said all decisions for May applicants where sent today (you probably already know :)) so I just wanted to congratulate all of you! Finally waiting game is done for some of us :) 

6 minutes ago, _Nomad_ said:

Hey Guys,

I just had my phone appointment with Laurier adviser (finally!) and she said all decisions for May applicants where sent today (you probably already know :)) so I just wanted to congratulate all of you! Finally waiting game is done for some of us :) 

All decisions as in acceptances only? or literally everything like waitlist and rejections too?