Jump to content
smntoronto

Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

Recommended Posts

On 3/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, CaribbeanSW said:

 Hey, it came in a big brown envelope. I would say like an A4 size. Are you an international student?

I am! From San Francisco!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ericamckenzie12345 said:

hey they called me to offer admission. it was late yesterday afternoon. 

Congrats, Erica!! :) That must be an incredible feeling!

Has anyone else heard back from York? I'm killing myself trying to figure out if York called everyone admitted the same day or what... haha (York is my first choice of schools)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CGal Social Worker said:

Congrats, Erica!! :) That must be an incredible feeling!

Has anyone else heard back from York? I'm killing myself trying to figure out if York called everyone admitted the same day or what... haha (York is my first choice of schools)

I applied to York, Ryerson and UofT. I was wait listed at UofT (didn't change on my online status, I got a letter in the mail), and I haven't heard from Ryerson or York and there has been no status change online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Louise24 said:

I applied to York, Ryerson and UofT. I was wait listed at UofT (didn't change on my online status, I got a letter in the mail), and I haven't heard from Ryerson or York and there has been no status change online.

Hey Louise! Thanks for replying! Same here - I also applied to both York and Ryerson (1 year) and haven't heard anything back yet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CGal Social Worker said:

Hey Louise! Thanks for replying! Same here - I also applied to both York and Ryerson (1 year) and haven't heard anything back yet...

Eeee I hate the wait, fingers crossed for us!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CGal Social Worker said:

Haha yeess!! It's so hard! I'm going to try and stop refreshing my inbox... but to be honest probably will not... haha

I keep checking every 5 minutes, it is so hard not to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also applied to UofT (waitlisted), and York and Ryerson!!The wait is killing me! Does anyone know how these schools compare to one another competitiveness wise? I heard that UofT gets priority over placement locations followed by York and Ryerson but I'm not entirely sure! 

My hope is that people who have gotten offers have applied to multiple schools and some waitlist spots open up. Hoping people will share when they get results!

Best of luck to everyone!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hannahdaviidson said:

Congrats to everyone who is getting acceptances! I applied for the 2 year programs at York and U of T so I'm hoping to hear from them soon! 

Hey Hannah, I'm also waiting on these programs :) I wanted to see if you'd by any chance heard anything about when York sends out all decisions including acceptances, waitlists and rejections? Someone mentioned next week for 2 year applicants but last time I applied (2015), I received a "Decision Made" (rejection) on MyFile by mid-February so I'm wondering whether I it's a good sign that I've received nothing so far.. that is if they send out rejections first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MSW_Hopeful144 said:

I also applied to UofT (waitlisted), and York and Ryerson!!The wait is killing me! Does anyone know how these schools compare to one another competitiveness wise? I heard that UofT gets priority over placement locations followed by York and Ryerson but I'm not entirely sure! 

My hope is that people who have gotten offers have applied to multiple schools and some waitlist spots open up. Hoping people will share when they get results!

Best of luck to everyone!!

UofT doesn't necessarily get priority, but for some specializations I.E., health + mental health, they have a pre-existing partnerships with programs in UHN hospitals, CAMH, etc. Because of this, they select a majority of placement students from UofT with the exception of one or two Ryerson/York students. The same could be said with existing partnerships that Ryerson/York have. It all depends on what you are looking to get into!

Edited by ctbsw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, smntoronto said:

Hey Hannah, I'm also waiting on these programs :) I wanted to see if you'd by any chance heard anything about when York sends out all decisions including acceptances, waitlists and rejections? Someone mentioned next week for 2 year applicants but last time I applied (2015), I received a "Decision Made" (rejection) on MyFile by mid-February so I'm wondering whether I it's a good sign that I've received nothing so far.. that is if they send out rejections first. 

With York, they've started informing students via phone. They will call you. if you're super eager you can call them and ask for the Graduate Program Assistant. Just be aware that the results can be negative... good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CatC said:

With York, they've started informing students via phone. They will call you. if you're super eager you can call them and ask for the Graduate Program Assistant. Just be aware that the results can be negative... good luck!

So they only call you if you are accepted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Louise24 said:

So they only call you if you are accepted?

Yeah, typically by the end of next week. If you don't hear from them then you either are waitlisted (which you'll get an email for) or rejected which most likely will appear on your file. You can try calling them if you want to know in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CatC said:

Yeah, typically by the end of next week. If you don't hear from them then you either are waitlisted (which you'll get an email for) or rejected which most likely will appear on your file. You can try calling them if you want to know in advance.

Did they say this timeline (end of next week) only applies to advanced standing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smntoronto said:

Did they say this timeline (end of next week) only applies to advanced standing?

Yeah they did, only for the 1 year and 2 year advance standing program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CatC said:

Yeah they did, only for the 1 year and 2 year advance standing program.

Hmm only 1 year is considered advanced standing, and 2 year is regular track. I assume you mean yes, that timeline only applies to people applying to the 1 year program? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smntoronto said:

Hmm only 1 year is considered advanced standing, and 2 year is regular track. I assume you mean yes, that timeline only applies to people applying to the 1 year program? 

You're right, 1 year advance standing and the two year msw program... the decisions have been made and we should hear back this week. If you don't hear back by Friday then you haven't gotten in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CatC said:

You're right, 1 year advance standing and the two year msw program... the decisions have been made and we should hear back this week. If you don't hear back by Friday then you haven't gotten in.

Ah ok thank you for clarifying! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CatC said:

You're right, 1 year advance standing and the two year msw program... the decisions have been made and we should hear back this week. If you don't hear back by Friday then you haven't gotten in.

Whew... well that's sobering... :o:o but I guess it'll be a relief to know either way and be able to put an end to the waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGal Social Worker said:

Congrats, Erica!! :) That must be an incredible feeling!

Has anyone else heard back from York? I'm killing myself trying to figure out if York called everyone admitted the same day or what... haha (York is my first choice of schools)

I also received a call from York with an offer of admission late yesterday afternoon (1 year advanced standing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CGal Social Worker said:

Whew... well that's sobering... :o:o but I guess it'll be a relief to know either way and be able to put an end to the waiting...

Yep. Call them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.