2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

56 minutes ago, HUSKYLEO said:

sent an email, said they will start sending invitations next week

Did you send them an email or did they reach out to you? And do you know if that is CAMB wide or for a certain track?

Also, I called Sloan Kettering today to update them about a part of my application and they told me that they will be sending invites next week! 

Edited by abhisheks94

Does anyone have any idea on what percent of phd applicants get interviews? 

I've found a number of resources on how many interviewees get acceptances, but I haven't seen anything talking about what percent of applicants a typical program will give interviews to. 

Also, if you don't get an interview, can you more or less write that off as a rejection or do people get accepted to bio/biomed phds without interviews?

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, CaliforniaRunnerKid said:

Does anyone have any idea on what percent of phd applicants get interviews? 

I've found a number of resources on how many interviewees get acceptances, but I haven't seen anything talking about what percent of applicants a typical program will give interviews to. 

Also, if you don't get an interview, can you more or less write that off as a rejection or do people get accepted to bio/biomed phds without interviews?

Thanks!

Can't really help with your first question, but are those resources about how many interviewees get acceptances school specific? If they are, could you share? It would be really helpful to understand our relative chances at programs if we are offered an interview. 

Based on the bio applicant threads from the past 2 years, I don't remember anyone getting accepted to a program (that does interviews) that they weren't offered an interview at. 

1 minute ago, tnoelle72 said:

I know that this is just one example, but I talked to someone from the AdComm at Harvard Neuroscience and they said that they received a little over 400 applications and of those would be sending out around 45 interview invites. Hope this helps a little!

Interesting, thank you. Would love to get more data points if anyone knows.

2 hours ago, devbioboy said:

Heard back from WashU DBBS and Vanderbilt IGP yesterday and Pitt IBGP and BCM DevBio this morning, all with invites!

Congrats! I applied to WashU neuroscience and haven’t heard back yet. It’s my top school, so I’m hoping I still get an invite. What program did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?

If the person who received and invite for the neuroscience program at University of Washington could PM me I would really appreciate it! I'm just wondering a specific faculty member reached out directly and what they said? 

3 hours ago, Neuropsycher said:

Congrats! I applied to WashU neuroscience and haven’t heard back yet. It’s my top school, so I’m hoping I still get an invite. What program did you apply to if you don’t mind me asking?

I applied to the Developmental, Regenerative, and Stem Cell program. I haven't heard anything about Neuro, but I think that I have seen some other WashU DBBS interview offers (if I remember correctly.) Hope you get an invite and best of luck!

On 12/12/2017 at 5:17 AM, moiselle said:

Any updates from Utah and UT Southwestern?

I heard from UT Southwestern via e-mail on Monday (12/11), but I sent in my application the first week of November, and I know they look at apps on a rolling basis.

17 minutes ago, tnoelle72 said:

I don't know anyone else applying unfortunately. I talked to another user here that works at Harvard and they said that faculty said invites would be going out today and tomorrow. I hope you hear back soon!

i just got an interview offer by email too

Edited by neurd