2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

8 hours ago, thisistheone said:

Hi! do you know anyone who else received the good news?! seems like none of my friends received anything so far, or maybe we all got rejected T^T

I don't know of anyone who has heard back about Harvard PiN other than the two people who posted here in the last few hours. Does anyone else have any updates?

10 hours ago, AllieKat said:

I heard from UT Southwestern via e-mail on Monday (12/11), but I sent in my application the first week of November, and I know they look at apps on a rolling basis.

Thanks for the heads up. My recommendations were late. The last got submitted on Wednesday. I got an email from Stuart Ravnik a day before that to get all my supplementary documents submitted for full review after completing the secondary application form. I'm hoping it's not too late and just keeping my fingers crossed now that everything is set. I'm actually an international student. Congrats on interview invite as well others on here. 

4 hours ago, AL2002 said:

Has anyone heard back from Hopkins (pharmacology) or Pittsburgh (IBGP)?

I heard back from Pitt IBGP yesterday morning. I'm not sure if they're done reviewing and have sent out all invites yet.

8 hours ago, Hannah.Sve said:

I don't know of anyone who has heard back about Harvard PiN other than the two people who posted here in the last few hours. Does anyone else have any updates?

I haven't heard anything either.  I'm assuming that I did not get an interview :( Very disappointing.

37 minutes ago, neuronerd123 said:

I haven't heard anything either.  I'm assuming that I did not get an interview :( Very disappointing.

Also heard nothing but PiN wasn't the best fit for me anyway so I'm ok with it

12 minutes ago, _caffeinated said:

Does anyone know if Michigan PIBS sends out interviews all at once or over a period of time? Kind of freaking out at this point :/ Thanks in advance! 

It looks like the only interview invites have been by phone so far. Years past indicate that they also send e-mails and it's mostly spread out over a few weeks, with some calls as late as January.

4 minutes ago, NeuroKat111 said:

Does anyone know if the UPenn neuro program is done sending emails for interviews? I've seen a couple of posts on the results page, so I'm not sure if they're sending them in batches or all at once 

According to last year's thread their first emails also went out December 10th, but they kept sending invites into the new year so I still have hope lol

1 hour ago, abhisheks94 said:

Do you have any idea if BBS normally releases invites in batches throughout today or all at once?

From what I remember, it was over the span of two or so hours, though I can’t guarantee that will be the case this year. 

3 hours ago, neuronerd123 said:

I saw on the results page that someone has called and the department confirmed that if you have not received an email at this point,  you will not be getting an interview. Disappointed as well, but judging from the stats on other people who did not get interviews, competition must have been really intense this year. Good luck with the rest of the schools you applied to!!