2018 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

blc073

3 minutes ago, siliconchins said:

Yeah haha. I'm waiting for one more school which seems to let people know right after Christmas based on historical results.

Lol, we could start enjoying the holiday now. Merry Christmas! 

20 hours ago, strugglebus2k17 said:

Thanks yeah I'd be curious to know! Do you know what the rate of admissions is AFTER someone gets an interview for schools like MD Anderson/Baylor?

I'm not sure, but I did see a post from a couple of years ago, either on here or somewhere else, that said someone at the interview told them that they accept "most" of the interviewees. It's vague but I'm going to take it as a positive.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:12 AM, CaliforniaRunnerKid said:

Does anyone have any idea on what percent of phd applicants get interviews? 

I've found a number of resources on how many interviewees get acceptances, but I haven't seen anything talking about what percent of applicants a typical program will give interviews to. 

Also, if you don't get an interview, can you more or less write that off as a rejection or do people get accepted to bio/biomed phds without interviews?

Thanks!

WHERE have you been finding stats on how many interviewees get acceptances????? I've been hunting everywhere and can't seem to find any resources! 

^^ the interview invitation rate is something you need to call the director of the program and ask for..it really depends on the program. For Harvard BPS, 100-150 applicants each year and 20 will get invited for interview. For BU PIBS, 1000+ applicants each year, only 100 will get interview. So I say it’s around 10% or higher will get interview? But it depends

Hey, I'm an international waiting eagerly for the results! Since I'm abroad, my travel cost exceeds the travel expense covered by the schools that I applied.

(Although i do have to wait for some schools to reply) I need to be careful in choosing schools to attend the interview!

I was wondering if anyone knew the acceptance rate among people interviewed?

I know this will vary among schools and applicants, but any kind of information will surely help me! Thanks in advance!!

2 hours ago, whatshouldidoo said:

Hey, I'm an international waiting eagerly for the results! Since I'm abroad, my travel cost exceeds the travel expense covered by the schools that I applied.

(Although i do have to wait for some schools to reply) I need to be careful in choosing schools to attend the interview!

I was wondering if anyone knew the acceptance rate among people interviewed?

I know this will vary among schools and applicants, but any kind of information will surely help me! Thanks in advance!!

I applied to MIT Biology program, Harvard BBS, Stanford genetics program, JHU CMM, UCBerkeley MCB, Weill Cornell BCMB and Rockefeller! 

On 12/22/2017 at 3:45 PM, thegrey said:

Anyone else waiting on UW M3D? I see some rejections and interviews on the results page from last week. Hoping my application didn't get buried or devoured by Krampus

I'm with you there. It seems like they are going in small batches or something. I feel like post holidays seems like the time for the rest of the apps. Someone had mentioned Feb 22 as the interview date so seems like they have some time still. 

16 minutes ago, whatshouldidoo said:

I applied to MIT Biology program, Harvard BBS, Stanford genetics program, JHU CMM, UCBerkeley MCB, Weill Cornell BCMB and Rockefeller! 

Also interested in MIT biology. Hopefully we both get good news to start off the year

Hi!

I wonder if the schools send the rejection answers after sending all interview invitations. Many people received an invitation to interview from UNC BBSP. I received neither a return nor a rejection. I'm starting to worry :unsure:

I hope we all get acceptance from the schools we want.  Good luck everybody!

1 hour ago, Bio_123 said:

Hi!

I wonder if the schools send the rejection answers after sending all interview invitations. Many people received an invitation to interview from UNC BBSP. I received neither a return nor a rejection. I'm starting to worry :unsure:

I haven't heard anything from them either, if that makes you feel any better. Hopefully we'll hear next week. 

On December 21, 2017 at 9:41 PM, Davylee369 said:

Does anybody have a rough idea of the post-interview acceptance rate at Umass Medical? 

I also would really appreciate it if anybody has any information about the BBS program at Umass...Any information about the post interview acceptance rate would be very appreciated!!!

6 hours ago, Bio_123 said:

Hi!

I also haven't heard anything either! I might contact a friend who's a 1st year there and ask if she knows anything......I wouldn't be too worried, as I do think they send things out in january, so it's not totally hopeless. Plenty of schools send out invites well into the new year.

Best of luck and happy holidays! :)

7 hours ago, Bio_123 said:

Hi!

Im actually worrying too, because I was told I'd hear back before the end of the week and nothing. I was starting to worry my application fell through the cracks but hopefully we hear back.