FRQSC (Quebec) 2018/2019

Adelaide9216

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The results will be out at the end of April. I'm still feeling anxious over the situation that happened last term due to a mistake in my grades....I am still admissible to the scholarship when I look at the portal, but am traumatized about what happened and fear that I will somehow become unadmissible lol 

• 2 weeks later...

I am nervous, too, as this is my last term of eligibility. 

As for when results are announced, I know I got my rejection from the PBEEE around April 17 a few years ago. (This was before international students could apply for the main FRQSC doctoral scholarship.) I have no idea if results for both scholarships are sent out at the same time. 

Edited by musichistorygeek

3 hours ago, musichistorygeek said:

As for when results are announced, I know I got my rejection from the PBEEE around April 17 a few years ago. (This was before international students could apply for the main FRQSC doctoral scholarship.) I have no idea if results for both scholarships are sent out at the same time. 

Same here, but at the master's level. Last summer, I sent all of my undergrad transcripts to know if I was eligible, they said I was. So I applied in the fall. At the end of December, I got an email saying that after reviewing my application, that I was not eligible. So I panicked, contacted them to understand what had happened since they had initially told me that I was eligible. Turns out when I entered my grades in the system, I made a mistake in transcribing my CGPA off my transcripts by two points under the first-class average. They reviewed my application again, and turns out that was the mistake that I was indeed eligible when taking into account my grades on my actual transcript. 

So now, the system says that I am eligible, and it’s been the case since that situation, but I still have like « left-over trauma » from it. I feel nervous just because of that first-class average criteria because I am aware that I am borderline under or above in or right on it (My first year of uni was tougher and my CGPA was a bit lower during that year).

But I think my application was pretty strong on other aspects (I got SSHRC for my first year of study, have research, volunteer/leadership experience, a research project and a supervisor and have won multiple scholarships all throughout my undergraduate studies). I still feel very nervous. I live at my mother’s place still, so it won’t be the end of the world if I don’t get funding from FRQSC but I’d like to get that scholarship because it would be a good asset for my application for doctoral scholarships this year…

They say the results come out by the end of April 2018. But I heard that it often comes out very late (I've been told almost a month late one year or two years ago). 

On 4/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, musichistorygeek said:

They are going to give out the answers on April 30, it says on their website. 

On 4/23/2018 at 7:30 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

They are going to give out the answers on April 30, it says on their website. 

I only see "end of April" on their website. Could you please tell me/us where it says April 30th? Did I miss an update? 

How do you communicate that you want your award to start for the fall 2018 semester? I feel like we're going to receive funding this summer and I don't want that, because I already have SSHRC.