FRQSC (Quebec) 2018/2019

Adelaide9216

On 5/1/2018 at 10:17 AM, Adelaide9216 said:

How do you communicate that you want your award to start for the fall 2018 semester? I feel like we're going to receive funding this summer and I don't want that, because I already have SSHRC. 

Hi! I discovered this forum last week and found it really helpful in managing anxiety for funding!

I've also received the FRQSC doctoral scholarship and currently hold the SSHRC masters scholarship until the end of August. Do you know if we are allowed to receive both FRQSC and SSHRC masters this summer?

3 hours ago, PsychoPoudz said:

Hi! I discovered this forum last week and found it really helpful in managing anxiety for funding!

I've also received the FRQSC doctoral scholarship and currently hold the SSHRC masters scholarship until the end of August. Do you know if we are allowed to receive both FRQSC and SSHRC masters this summer?

No--you will hold SSHRC this summer and FRQSC in September.

On 5/4/2018 at 12:55 AM, PsychBoy said:

No--you will hold SSHRC this summer and FRQSC in September.

Thanks for the answer! I'll give them a call to let them know I want to take it up only in the Fall.

4 hours ago, PsychoPoudz said:

Thanks for the answer! I'll give them a call to let them know I want to take it up only in the Fall.

pretty sure email is good

13 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Can you combine FRQSC at the Master's level with TAships and other fellowships? I may be part of a policy institute next year as well as TAing and both are paid opportunities. 

In the conditions for the scholarship, it says that you can work a total of 255h per semester if your supervisor signs off. If you work more than 255h, they reserve the right to cancel your funding for that specific semester. If the working hours go beyond 255h but are part of a mandatory internship, the funding for that semester will be postponed and given to you in a later semester.

I'm having the same issue as Adelaide9216. I just finished the second year of a combined M.A.-Ph.D. program in psychology where I was awarded SSHRC Masters for my second year.

Here is the reply I got when I asked the question:

Bonjour,

Si vous recevez la bourse du CRSH pour la maîtrise et que votre programme d'études au doctorat n'a pas encore débuté, vous pouvez reporter la bourse à l’automne 2018 ou à l'hiver 2019. Toutefois, la bourse entre obligatoirement en vigueur entre le 1er mai 2018 et le 15 janvier 2019.

Afin d’en faire la demande, vous devez nous transmettre un formulaire Déclarations – situation et pièces requises que vous retrouverez à l’ongletGérer mon financement dans votre portfolio.

Voici l’extrait du Guide du boursier :

‘’7.1 ENTRÉE EN VIGUEUR DE LA BOURSE

L'entrée en vigueur de la bourse réfère à la session au cours de laquelle le premier versement de la bourse octroyée peut être réclamé.

Si le programme d'études n'a pas encore débuté au moment où la bourse est offerte, il pourrait être amorcé à l'été, l'automne ou l'hiver suivant l'offre. Toutefois, la bourse entre obligatoirement en vigueur entre le 1er mai 2018 et le 15 janvier 2019. Sauf exception, la bourse n'est pas transférable d'une année à l'autre.

Si le programme d'études est déjà commencé au moment où la bourse est offerte et si l'offre de bourse est faite avant le 1er mai 2018, la bourse entre obligatoirement en vigueur à la session d'été 2018. Si l'offre de bourse est offerte le 1er mai 2018 ou plus tard, la bourse entre en vigueur à la session d'été 2018 ou, au plus tard, à la session d'automne 2018. Lorsqu'une bourse est offerte après le 1er mai 2018, les versements peuvent aussi être accordés rétroactivement, pour la session d'été 2018, en autant que soient respectées les conditions de financement.

La bourse offerte n'est pas rétroactive et les sessions effectuées avant l'été 2018 ne peuvent pas être financées.’’

I will be calling in order to make sure I do the right thing.

Edited by PsychoPoudz

I just called them. So even if I am still in my master's program, I have to declare SSHRC for my first year of studies, and FRQSC will start in September 2018 instead of tomorrow. And then, after that, I will have to start filling up a report form for my first year of my MSW so they can know what I have done so far. 

3 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I just called them. So even if I am still in my master's program, I have to declare SSHRC for my first year of studies, and FRQSC will start in September 2018 instead of tomorrow. And then, after that, I will have to start filling up a report form for my first year of my MSW so they can know what I have done so far. 

Thanks for calling them. How do you do that? The thing for me is that because my program is a combined M.A.-Ph.D. only my first year counts as a Masters, but I was still eligible for SSHRC Masters in my first year of the Ph.D. (2nd year total). My Ph.D. program has already started.

It's confusing, I'll have to give them a call because our situations seem to be different.

Hello,

you can call Michelle Chiasson at 418-643-7582 ext. 3161. (It's on their website).

I just got an email saying that I would get my first 'versement' today. Am I getting it on the 15 and 30 or the entire semester in one shot? 

2 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Hello,

you can call Michelle Chiasson at 418-643-7582 ext. 3161. (It's on their website).

I just got an email saying that I would get my first 'versement' today. Am I getting it on the 15 and 30 or the entire semester in one shot? 

I have the same issue. And they just sent an email indicating that they have sent the money already =.= I indicated in my application that I had a SSHRC, but I guess they didn't see. I will call her soon to ask what I can do.

19 minutes ago, Neposydko said:

I have the same issue. And they just sent an email indicating that they have sent the money already =.= I indicated in my application that I had a SSHRC, but I guess they didn't see. I will call her soon to ask what I can do.

Same here

1 hour ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Same here

Sent an email to the lady who sent the payment information earlier today, she said she suspended the payment and forwarded my email to someone who can deal with this. 

• 2 months later...

Can you work more than 225 hours per semester with FRQSC? I got offered a TAship that I don't want to refuse (but I'll also be a RA next term possibly but haven't been officially hired yet in both cases).