Graduate Institute Fall 2018

Hi! 

I'm considering applying for the MA in International Law at the IHEID for next fall. I just graduate with my MA in IR from AU SIS and am currently working in nonprofit. I want to make a switch to International Law because most of my professional experience has been with rule of law/international law nonprofit organizations. So, I wanted to know if anyone would:

a. Recommend pursuing another MA in Geneva 

b. Know if I am eligible (I've sent them an inquiry) 

c. Be applying to this program or to the institute for the coming cycle

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, flowerchildxoxo said:

Hi there,

If I'm not mistaken, I think you need a law degree beforehand if you want to get into the International Law Program. (Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken.)

I will also be applying to IHEID for Fall 2018.

not according to their admissions requirements

my question would be, why does OP need a second masters? they won't be able to practice actual law without a law degree, which the MA is not, and if they just want to work around the topic of international law, they can do so with their existing degree. they don't need to undertake another degree program in order to build knowledge of a field. so what is the ROI?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hii guys! Im curious to know if anyone has messaged the institute to find details about when to expect admission results. It should be out anytime now, right?

Hey @Prester John, I think there's a compatibility issue with the latest version of Google Chrome which prevents the webpage from loading. I was able to see the page on Firefox/my phone, but the sad part is the application is still "under consideration". 

Ok, I don't want to freak out, but the status of my application was changed from "Under consideration" to "online application (submitted)."
Anyone else in the same situation? I'm not sure when the status was changed because I was not checking it everyday. Just seems strange that it would happen right now, before the results are announced. 

Edited by rush_inbg

18 minutes ago, rush_inbg said:

Ok, I don't want to freak out, but the status of my application was changed from "Under consideration" to "online application (submitted)."
Anyone else in the same situation? I'm not sure when the status was changed because I was not checking it everyday. Just seems strange that it would happen right now, before the results are announced. 

Mine has changed to Online Application (filed). That's not even a listed category. What's going on?!