Fall 2018 I/O Psy

I was just rejected by UMD (SDOS) yesterday, while driving back from ODU's interview weekend.

Funny how things go. 

I have some info on GW, George Mason, and UNC Charlotte if anyone needs it.

23 hours ago, Left Skew said:

I was just rejected by UMD (SDOS) yesterday, while driving back from ODU's interview weekend.

Funny how things go. 

I have some info on GW, George Mason, and UNC Charlotte if anyone needs it.

What info can you share about GW?

23 minutes ago, rmcio said:

What info can you share about GW?

Tentatively, the visitation of the 3 accepted applicants in on the 2nd of March. I know little about the waitlisted candidates. 

Is anyone going to George Mason on Friday? Or UNC:Charlotte on Monday?

15 hours ago, Left Skew said:

Tentatively, the visitation of the 3 accepted applicants in on the 2nd of March. I know little about the waitlisted candidates. 

Is anyone going to George Mason on Friday? Or UNC:Charlotte on Monday?

My understanding is that UNC Charlotte's visitation day is this Friday, not Monday!

2 hours ago, Mo889 said:

My understanding is that UNC Charlotte's visitation day is this Friday, not Monday!

Oh yeah, forgot to add "alternative visitation day" I couldn't make the one of Friday. Thanks for catching it! Knock em dead @Mo889!

14 hours ago, PhDchallenger said:

how long does it usually take the department to send out offers after interview weekends?

This is a good question...formal offers take a while due to all the funding, assistantship, and advisor assignments. I can see that process being highly-dependent on coordination at the department level, was the visit day actually an interview day, and diligence among the program. Hopefully we start hearing back before April 15th. 

18 hours ago, PhDchallenger said:

how long does it usually take the department to send out offers after interview weekends?

As others have said, it depends on the program. Anecdotally, Virginia Tech had their interview weekend Feb 8-10 and said they hope to have initial offers out by the end of this month, then secondary offers depend on if they have declines/how long those people (if any) hold onto their offers. I don't have much other experience with post-interview processes, but that seems pretty reasonable to me.

1 hour ago, tb77 said:

To the person who received an interview request at Clemson University, could you message me your POI and research interests. I am hoping to hear from Clemson, it was my first choice.

Could you also message me your POI? Clemson was also one of my top choices! Thanks :)

4 hours ago, AGL42 said:

same here! I applied for masters not phd though. Has anyone heard from Clemson for the ms program? Or SDSU's ms program? 

I think SDSU might have sent out interview invites already, according to the results page..

17 hours ago, xdj17 said:

I think SDSU might have sent out interview invites already, according to the results page..

Yeah I've seen two people, I think, say they scheduled interviews... I still have not heard anything :(. Has anyone heard back from UCF's MS program? 

1 hour ago, AGL42 said:

Yeah I've seen two people, I think, say they scheduled interviews... I still have not heard anything :(. Has anyone heard back from UCF's MS program? 

I applied to UCF"s Master's program, but I also haven't heard anything yet either. Hopefully, they haven't sent out the interview invitations and/or offers yet.