Fall 2018 I/O Psy

The person who posted an acceptance for Wright’s state university in results section can please DM me if you plan to attend the program? I’ve been placed on the waitlist and this is my top choice. If possible, please let me know. 

Thanks 

9 hours ago, TheJh14 said:

Has anyone heard from SDSU, Georgia or Clemson? Please message me if so I would greatly appreciate it!

I received an email that I was put on the waitlist for Georgia. Other than that though nothing. I didn’t apply to the other two schools

54 minutes ago, Daisy0124 said:

Has anyone accepted any offers anywhere? I know this thread is usually filled with stress and worries, but I'm curious to know if anyone has made a decision yet!

I will be going to UGA!

Anyone heard back from SIU Carbondale Applied Psych program post-interview? I was told they would try get their decision made within 7-10 days. Technically, it is the 10th business day after the interview now, have not heard anything from them? Any advice? Should I start to feel anxious now?

16 hours ago, georginazhou said:

Anyone heard back from SIU Carbondale Applied Psych program post-interview? I was told they would try get their decision made within 7-10 days. Technically, it is the 10th business day after the interview now, have not heard anything from them? Any advice? Should I start to feel anxious now?

Just got accepted from this program. No need to be anxious now :) Btw, do you guys think it is a good idea to contact the program which I am waitlisted at for updates? Do I mention that I have an offer and want to hear from them? How do I word this? 

1 hour ago, georginazhou said:

Just got accepted from this program. No need to be anxious now :) Btw, do you guys think it is a good idea to contact the program which I am waitlisted at for updates? Do I mention that I have an offer and want to hear from them? How do I word this? 

You can tell them they are your first choice and if offered from the waitlist you will accept. Not sure it helps but can't hurt.

I decided to roll with George Mason. Good news for me, bad news for all those at George Mason. 

Those of you that got offers congrats!

Those of you that didn't get an offer your app is stronger from the process. As an older applicant time was on my side, I didn't transition straight out of school (undergrad and masters) into a PhD. I worked for a little bit to develop personally, salient research ideas. This will provide with a valuable perspective going in. Every cohort needs an OG, every Fellowship needs a Gandalf.

It's almost over....

2 hours ago, Left Skew said:

I decided to roll with George Mason. Good news for me, bad news for all those at George Mason. 

Those of you that didn't get an offer your app is stronger from the process. As an older applicant time was on my side, I didn't transition straight out of school (undergrad and masters) into a PhD. I worked for a little bit to develop personally, salient research ideas. This will provide with a valuable perspective going in. Every cohort needs an OG, every Fellowship needs a Gandalf.

It's almost over....

LOL this was so funny... hahah. 

Has anyone heard from Clemson's MS program? They're the last school I am waiting to hear back on to make my decision.. 

1 hour ago, AGL42 said:

LOL this was so funny... hahah. 

Has anyone heard from Clemson's MS program? They're the last school I am waiting to hear back on to make my decision.. 

I heard from them, they are going to send out their offers within the coming weeks. 

5 hours ago, Left Skew said:

It's almost over....

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing a bit of your background or some tips? 

17 hours ago, Gradday said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing a bit of your background or some tips? 

As I mentioned I'm an older applicant (28). From my perspective, I did well this cycle because I had more experience than a lot of the candidates. I've already got my MS in IO,  I've been working in Psychometric Consulting for 2.5 years, I had time to prepare for the GRE without other coursework distracting me. I'd be far less compelling if I didn't have that seniority. At the schools I applied to research was the name of the game (something I lack). If you can contact faculty on your down time to see if they need help, present at your company or at a board meeting, or have them send you to a conference so you can present applied research...all of these things are important. I was a unique candidate in my research interests: psychometrics. If I were to do leadership or work-life, I'd probably not have received an interview.