Fall 2018 I/O Psy

7 hours ago, Fallen_Pheonix said:

Hey! I'm a Canadian applicant as well, and I also haven't heard from any of the Canadian public universities I applied to, namely Waterloo, Western, Guelph, and Saint Mary's. I emailed Waterloo about a week and half ago, and they said that they were still in the process of reviewing applications but expected to be done relatively soon. Given the "relatively soon," they may have already out a few interview offers, but let's hope that's not the case. Saint Mary's department said that they would be sending out admission decisions in February. In regards to Guelph, I was short-listed by the department last year, and was only emailed on January 30th to schedule an interview. So there's definitely still hope for Guelph. I haven't heard anything from Western, unfortunately. Let me know if you get any news from the aforementioned universities! Good luck!

I got an invitation to the open houses at Calgary and Western which happen to be on the same day (Feb 9th). I heard from Western today and Calgary two weeks ago. I was told by a prof at Guelph that there open house is also on Feb 9th, however I have not received an email from them.

15 hours ago, i/olover said:

I got an invitation to the open houses at Calgary and Western which happen to be on the same day (Feb 9th). I heard from Western today and Calgary two weeks ago. I was told by a prof at Guelph that there open house is also on Feb 9th, however I have not received an email from them.

Congratulations on getting into Calgary and Western, I've heard that they are two of the best schools in Canada for I/O research. I don't think that we should be too worried about Guelph given that emails were sent out at the end of January last year. Guelph is one of my top choices so I'm really hoping to hear back from them.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, PsychYouOut said:

Did anyone apply to any Masters programs? If so, have you heard back at all? I'm particularly interested if SDSU has sent out anything because their application deadline was December 15.

I have applied to SDSU but have not heard back yet. I believe that SDSU also has a deadline for supplemental documents, including test scores and transcripts, which was 1/12. You would find this deadline if you log in to the application status portal. 

On 1/23/2018 at 9:53 PM, i/olover said:

Same situation as you, but I had heard differently re: Guelph open house. A current grad student there informed me that recruitment day this year is two weeks later than it was in 2017, and it was already later than Western and Calgary last year.

Fingers crossed we hear back from Guelph soon. :)

18 minutes ago, ioapplicant said:

Same situation as you, but I had heard differently re: Guelph open house. A current grad student there informed me that recruitment day this year is two weeks later than it was in 2017, and it was already later than Western and Calgary last year.

Fingers crossed we hear back from Guelph soon. :)

Oh, interesting! When I spoke with one of the profs in the fall she told me that they had already picked the open house date and it was on February 9th. However, it's very possible that they learned other open houses were being held that day and decided to move it! I think either way they will probably contact people for interviews this week but I guess we'll see!

Fingers crossed for sure- good luck! 

Hey everyone!

@Stauce made this google doc that we can all edit and add when programs send out interviews, acceptances, rejections, etc. It's a little less bogged down than the results section here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

15 hours ago, Daisy0124 said:

Hey everyone!

@Stauce made this google doc that we can all edit and add when programs send out interviews, acceptances, rejections, etc. It's a little less bogged down than the results section here. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hJFI7od93wXNHfLiUl0pv4lPUsueRmVg_6N85xgFQd8/edit?usp=sharing

The OCD person in me wants to reformat the sheet...I wish Grad Cafe would clean up their results, I sent them an email but no response. 

Grad Cafe Decisions IO.pdf

Edited by Left Skew

6 hours ago, Daisy0124 said:

NC State has their interview weekend this weekend! 

Has anybody heard back from State if they know when their interview weekend is?  This is terrifying! 

6 hours ago, comfortable silence said:

Has anyone else heard back from Bowling Green or NC State?

I'm also waiting to hear back from BGSU and NCSU... apparently one person has gotten into BGSU. 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, PsychYouOut said:

Did anyone apply to any Masters programs? If so, have you heard back at all? I'm particularly interested if SDSU has sent out anything because their application deadline was December 15.

I did! Only heard back from SPU and USC's applied psych program. Nothing from SDSU yet...