NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

5 minutes ago, nanograd said:

Guys i just found a 20 on the ground and contemplated picking it up because i "didnt want to use all my NSF GRFP luck.." ..okay i need to find out asap cause the wait is legit starting to cripple me ?

:lol: Don't pick it up. You will lose all of your karma points. 

Edited by TK778

8 minutes ago, northernchild said:

It would've been really surprising had they responded, "Yep, looks like the results will be out on ______".

I don't think anyone expected that, but they could have said "mid-April" if the weather/shutdowns were as significant as other people had speculated. 

Starting to feel like I'm Charlie Brown and the NSF notification people are Lucy pulling the football away every time! Fingers crossed that results will be out soon.

For what it's worth, I had also emailed NSF a few days ago and they responded with the exact same message about early April, word for word; I really believe it's their stock cut-and-paste response that they use every year, including past years when results have been posted mid-to-late March. 

Hi everyone. New here, but I’ve been following this post a great deal. The waiting game is torture. 

I talked to my mentor about this.. apperantly they do the same thing (give vague dates) for all the awards they give... This might be the first of many waiting periods we will suffer through. 

15 minutes ago, Behavecol said:

Ugh I just want it to be tomorrow morning so badly! These past couple of night the  anxiety about GRFP results have seeped into my dreams! 

Mine too :( I kept waking up last night with nightmares about the GRFP and every time i'd go back to sleep, i'd get another nightmare about it...

9:00 Eastern and no announcement on fastlane...yay for more waiting!!!  :angry:  Another week of not being productive at all while anxiously waiting for my impending rejection.

Edited by grilledcheese1

15 minutes ago, amibleeding said:

I seriously do not know what I would do without this thread. you guys are awesome

The GRFP threads here are amazing. For three straight years, I stayed up all night when fastlane went down and read through the growing conversation on the current GRFP thread. I didn't plan on sleeping those nights anyway.

17 minutes ago, cemeterydr1ve said:

Have the results ever been posted without a maintenance announcement preceding them?

Not that I know of.  Looks like we're looking at a release next week or the week after most likely.  Hopefully before Easter.

41 minutes ago, GoldenDog said:

Such confidence in your app this year, huh?

I don’t know.  If I am competing only with senior undergraduate statisticians I have a reasonable chance because I think have more research experience than most of the people in that group.  But if there aren’t field quotas my odds aren’t good.  

I really hope it’s tomorrow so that I can say  I predicted the release date and I can stop worrying about it.