NSF GRFP 2017-18

spectastic

42 minutes ago, nc61 said:

So what does it mean if my application status is still "Received"? Am I screwed?

Sorry, but should it say something else ? Mine also says 'Received' and under Final Status it is blank. Do other people have a different status ?

5 minutes ago, KaffeeCafe said:

Sorry, but should it say something else ? Mine also says 'Received' and under Final Status it is blank. Do other people have a different status ?

I wasn't sure if it should say something like "Reviewed" or "Under Review"

16 minutes ago, KaffeeCafe said:

Under OVERALL STATUS mine says... "Complete: All required application package materials have been received."

Where are you looking?

4 minutes ago, <3neuroscience said:

Under OVERALL STATUS mine says... "Complete: All required application package materials have been received."

Where are you looking?

Yes -- under overall status mine says the same. I and the previous poster were referring to the 'Applicant Data' info box on the right side when you first log in.

10 minutes ago, KaffeeCafe said:

Yes -- under overall status mine says the same. I and the previous poster were referring to the 'Applicant Data' info box on the right side when you first log in.

I have assumed that “final status” will eventually contain information about whether you’ve been awarded or not, after results are posted. I don’t think it being blank at this point indicates anything about whether you are being awarded. 

33 minutes ago, masbrkom said:

Does it seem weird to anyone else that the 2017 awardee list would be down for this long though? 

Maybe the NSF is starting to make the changes that will fully go into effect on the 26th, and this is a side effect of that?  I also have a feeling that the changes have nothing to do with when the award list is being released.  So it could be this Friday, the 27th, the 30th, into April...

23 minutes ago, grilledcheese1 said:

Maybe the NSF is starting to make the changes that will fully go into effect on the 26th, and this is a side effect of that?  I also have a feeling that the changes have nothing to do with when the award list is being released.  So it could be this Friday, the 27th, the 30th, into April...

True. At this point I think the only concrete evidence is that results will be released on a Tuesday or Friday.

I don't think it would delayed that much by the hurricanes. I would imagine that the number of applicants from the regions affected is fairly small compared to the total pool.

Because of the timeline set out by past years including the overall turnaround time, weekend maintenance, and the previous year’s awards going down, I think it is safe to say we are in the home stretch. 

Even with the hurricanes and government shutdown, I think we can expect the anticipated “final maintenance period” anytime now..of course with Tuesday and Fridays seeming like common release days. 

Saw a comment on Reddit saying that a PI told them NSF just got the results and it would be another 2 weeks before posting.  Choosing not to believe what I hear this time and foolishly trying to convince myself that results will be up by Easter!

Edited by grilledcheese1

5 minutes ago, grilledcheese1 said:

Saw a comment on Reddit saying their PI told them they just got the results and it would be another 2 weeks.  Choosing not to believe what I hear this time and foolishly trying to convince myself that results will be up by Easter!

Source??

6 minutes ago, grilledcheese1 said:

Saw a comment on Reddit saying their PI told them they just got the results and it would be another 2 weeks.  Choosing not to believe what I hear this time and foolishly trying to convince myself that results will be up by Easter!

What does that mean “their PI told them they just got the results”? 

10 minutes ago, carlsaganism said:

Source??

https://www.reddit.com/r/GradSchool/comments/85tkr6/waiting_on_the_nsf_grfp_announcement_makes_this/.  I'm not convinced that PIs outside of NSF HQ know about release dates.

8 minutes ago, engineerwoacause said:

What does that mean “their PI told them they just got the results”? 

I'm guessing they meant NSF just determined the winners.

Edited by grilledcheese1