American Studies Cycle 2017/2018

amstu

Well complaining about Brown last week led to immediate notification so:  waiting on Harvard is driving me crazy!! Is it correct that nobody has heard either good or bad news from Harvard’s American Studies?! I wish they would hurry; I am so ready to be done with this.

31 minutes ago, notatree said:

Well complaining about Brown last week led to immediate notification so:  waiting on Harvard is driving me crazy!! Is it correct that nobody has heard either good or bad news from Harvard’s American Studies?! I wish they would hurry; I am so ready to be done with this.

As far as I'm aware that's correct and considering how late their deadline was, it doesn't seem strange to me either. Then again, there were no Yale acceptances on the results page either so I'm taking everything with a pound of salt right now. I second your impatience; I am zen and ready for rejection.

On 2/20/2018 at 12:19 PM, evanmarie said:

Still haven't heard from Yale (joint Am Studies and AFAm) so no clue what to think. I am also waitlisted at FOUR schools so waiting for that, but I am very excited about UMASS. 

Wow! Waitlists should be starting to move a bit soon-ish.

13 hours ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

Wow! Waitlists should be starting to move a bit soon-ish.

While I only have one waitlist spot, I'm really crossing my fingers that this is the case. I spend way to much of my time hung up on whether or not I'll get moved up or not, time I should be studying or lesson planning.

2 hours ago, CulturalCriminal said:

While I only have one waitlist spot, I'm really crossing my fingers that this is the case. I spend way to much of my time hung up on whether or not I'll get moved up or not, time I should be studying or lesson planning.

Ahhhh yeah. It's my third app season so I totally get it.

4 hours ago, Ian Han said:

Has anyone heard back from Harvard?

23 hours ago, Noire et Étrange said:

Waitlisted at Harvard. Hope everyone hears remaining news soon! 

I think that's a yes on people hearing from Harvard. ;)

Edited by CulturalCriminal

Hi all. Has anyone been accepted by Harvard American Studies yet? Also, those who’ve heard anything (either accepted, waitlisted, or rejected) it would be great to know how were you notified? Thanks! 

Edited by Ragu

pSA: there’s a page called “results” on here that you can search with specific terms (I.e. American Studies, Harvard) to see if folks have posted their results. Obviously, not everyone knows about it. It seems though that at least one person posts their results for each of the AmStudies programs, so it’s a decent way to see if your program has started sending notifications out. 

Hope that helps folks trying to figure out what’s going on. It helps with if you haven’t heard anything because the program has not decided or because the program is holding off sending rejections to folks they might need to bump to waitlist status. That info might be enough to let you know you need to start making serious decisions about where you’ll be in the fall. It also helps you get through a pint of Hagen-Dazs while watching Dirty Dancing.

22 hours ago, Addison Kennedy said:

Hi! I am relatively new to this forum but wondering if anyone has heard from USC ASE? 

Nope, not yet, but I saw some acceptances on the board from the end of January. They only take 4-6 students, according to the webpage. 

My POI in both English and ASE said he thinks ASE is done sending out acceptances already (but he wasn't sure about this).

16 minutes ago, LibraryLivingJT said:

Nope, not yet, but I saw some acceptances on the board from the end of January. They only take 4-6 students, according to the webpage. 

My POI in both English and ASE said he thinks ASE is done sending out acceptances already (but he wasn't sure about this).

Actually, they take 6-9 (according to the website), with a waitlist of about 3. 

Sounds like it’s time for some of you to call up some departments and make some decisions. Good luck to those that are waiting on news! 

Please let UT know if you’re not interested?. I think @evanmarie and I would both really appreciate the bump...

Got an email from NYU while I was interviewing at Northwestern...except it was dated 3/5, and when I logged in, there was no decision. Apparently this was a widespread problem! Well, at least now I know when to expect my rejection...

Edited by deshypothequiez