Where is everyone applying?

Bubbles8697

I got accepted to Arizona (MA SIRLS) as well! I grew up in Tucson and did undergrad at UA. In-state tuition is very enticing, but part of me wants to really expand my horizons.

Anyone have thoughts on UCLA???

Waiting on: UWashington, UMaryland.

Accepted to: UCLA, UT-Austin, Arizona.

WooHOO congrats!!! I have been contemplating on whether I should go to University of Arizona or Pittsburgh.

I

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked the mailbox (yes at 1.30 am) and received an acceptance to U of Washington, waaaay excited, but now I will have to make a decision... hmm..

just checked the mailbox (yes at 1.30 am) and received an acceptance to U of Washington, waaaay excited, but now I will have to make a decision... hmm..

OHH CONGRATULATIONS!! I have been anxiously waiting for my letter in the mail. I saw in the results section that people have been receiving mail. I just want to know so I can decide now.

Can you tell me your location/area so I can maybe try to conjecture when I will be receiving something?

Edited by Bubbles8697

OHH CONGRATULATIONS!! I have been anxiously waiting for my letter in the mail. I saw in the results section that people have been receiving mail. I just want to know so I can decide now.

Can you tell me your location/area so I can maybe try to conjecture when I will be receiving something?

Thank you, and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah.

U Washington letters are certainly out! in big envelopes. :D I got into the Residential program. Anyone going to the prospective student days on campus??

Did you get any funding?

And Jus10--Was the 4k offered to you in your acceptance packet?

Did you get any funding?

And Jus10--Was the 4k offered to you in your acceptance packet?

Yeah it was. Just a couple extra sheets of paper with the information about the scholarship and such on them..

I applied to only two schools and one of them being UMD. They emailed me a reccommendation/admit letter with a preliminary response form and I sent it back. The problem is that I'm waiting on approval from the graduate school apparently. I applied to the HiLS program though, so that maybe why it's taking some time.

I randomly checked my online status today and saw "Congratulations! You have been admitted." in the status part. So I have been accepted to and will be attending Rutgers! I am so glad I finally got an answer one way or the other for them. I just don't know how they expect me to give them an answer by April 15, unless I get info on funding and such by that date. I certainly can't make any decisions about going until I know the full financial picture (though more likely than not I'll go even if I don't get funding, but I may have to go only part-time).

I randomly checked my online status today and saw "Congratulations! You have been admitted." in the status part. So I have been accepted to and will be attending Rutgers! I am so glad I finally got an answer one way or the other for them. I just don't know how they expect me to give them an answer by April 15, unless I get info on funding and such by that date. I certainly can't make any decisions about going until I know the full financial picture (though more likely than not I'll go even if I don't get funding, but I may have to go only part-time).

Are you going to be on campus or online?

On 3/9/2010 at 3:14 PM, Bubbles8697 said:

I was accepted to Pittsburgh today!

Congratulations! I got in there too. Are you going to the visiting days next weekend? I'm actually in Seattle at the visiting days this weekend. Anyone else? I am anxiously waiting from UNC. I applied to a lot of schools. No rejections yet but I'm debating between UWashington Seattle and UMichigan. If I get into UNC, then I don't know what I will do!

Laurian, I am so sorry. Maybe you can reapply to the history department for next year and start with your archives classes this year. That is, if you still plan to attend UMD. I might be going this fall after all. How are you planning on paying the ridiculous out of state tuition?

Thanks guys!

Heather, I do plan to attend in the fall if I do get that official notification. As far as tuition goes, (yikes!) I plan to go very part time the first year. After a year, hopefully they'll grant me residency. It's pretty crazy how expensive things are, but hopefully I'm getting more for my money and a better education out there than I would here in California.

• 11 months later...

Just chatted with Washington a few days ago. 735 people applied there in which they which 75 students (both online and residence) will make up their 2010 class! They are going to be quite selective!

i no longer feel too badly about being wait-listed at UW (there are twenty-some-odd people on the wait list as far as i'm told).

admitted to syracuse ... still waiting to hear from univ illinois.

Thanks guys!

Heather, I do plan to attend in the fall if I do get that official notification. As far as tuition goes, (yikes!) I plan to go very part time the first year. After a year, hopefully they'll grant me residency. It's pretty crazy how expensive things are, but hopefully I'm getting more for my money and a better education out there than I would here in California.

Apparently it's actually rather difficult to establish residency...

In-state Status

To qualify for in-state tuition, a student must demonstrate that, for at least twelve (12)consecutive months immediately prior to and including the last date available to register for courses in the semester/term for which the student seeks in-state tuition status, the student had the continuous intent to:

1. 1. Make Maryland his or her permanent home; and
    2. Abandon his or her former home state; and
    3. Reside in Maryland indefinitely; and
    4. Reside in Maryland primarily for a purpose other than that of attending an educational institution in Maryland.
Either of the following circumstances raises a presumption that the student is residing in the State of Maryland primarily for the purpose of attending an educational institution and therefore, does not qualify for in-state status under this policy:

1. 1. A student is attending school or living outside Maryland at the time of application for admission to a USM institution, or
    2. A student is Financially Dependent on a person who is not a resident of Maryland.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for UMD out of state without any financial assistance. Any ideas? :)