On 2/5/2018 at 4:37 PM, light10491 said:

What would you guys consider the top 3 PhD HPM programs to be? Sorry I'm just trying to get familiar with the landscape. 

Is it (1) Harvard, (2) Hopkins, (3) WUSTL

I will say: JHU, WUSTL, Harvard. (Not a HPM app though)

I may just take it as a reference and pay extra consideration on mentor/research interest. 

24 minutes ago, FrozenFreshMeat said:

I may just take it as a reference and pay extra consideration on mentor/research interest. 

I second this! This is really the most important thing when choosing a program!

9 hours ago, CatDog1122 said:

Not just you!

Rejections: Pittsburgh, Washington

Interview: Michigan

Nada: Berkeley, Hopkins, Columbia, SLU, Drexel - though at this point I’m assuming no contact feom Hopkins and Drexel is pretty telling 

got a rejection from Pittsburgh too....

21 hours ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

Do programs sometime accept without interviewing? I have not heard from Harvard PHS SBS to set up an interview, and so my default is to think I am being rejected. 

Some do, but I don't think Harvard is one of them. I'm assuming the same.

For any Brown Epi Folk:

"Good morning [redacted],

I hope this email finds you well. We haven't sent out any decisions but expect to by the end of the month. Your application is currently under review. 

If you have any questions, please let me know."

Received this morning. At least we know it won't be past this month... <_<

Edited by ceterisparibus9

2 hours ago, 6diamonds said:

Some do, but I don't think Harvard is one of them. I'm assuming the same.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat with Harvard (Epi track). I did get interviews at the other schools I applied to - so that's a relief - but the silent treatment doesn't help the anxiety. I guess a chance for the waitlist is better than nothing, but I wish programs would be a bit more transparent.

39 minutes ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

For any Brown Epi Folk:

"Good morning [redacted],

I hope this email finds you well. We haven't sent out any decisions but expect to by the end of the month. Your application is currently under review. 

If you have any questions, please let me know."

Received this morning. At least we know it won't be past this month... <_<

Did you get invited to their prospective student day?

I didn't so I'm assuming they're just waiting until the end of the month to send my rejection notification.. bahhh.

10 hours ago, B_behavioral_11 said:

I emailed someone in admissions about 1 week ago asking about interviews and received no response. -_ - so unless someone else wants to not much else I can do except wait, which is torture. 

I got no response too. Applied PhD HPM.

Also, I know people who got into Harvard TH Chan PhD without interviews till last year.

On 2/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, pharmah said:

Thanks for the info. Yes, it seems they are still making decisions on the HSR  track. Was told there were 70 applicants this year, with only 3 positions available due to the limited number of training grants in the department. 

Is this saying the Hopkins HSR track alone had 70 applicants, and they only offered 3 HSR spots?

On 2/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, hpm2018_1 said:

I was wait-listed today but no rank was provided for HSR :( I saw that post on results page too and wanted to know the same thing, if anyone else was given a ranking

I didn't receive a rank in my waitlist notification either...

7 hours ago, light10491 said:

Is this saying the Hopkins HSR track alone had 70 applicants, and they only offered 3 HSR spots?

Yes, 60-70 applicants to HSR, with 3 availabilities due to limited funding. Was told by adcom recently that there are 13 people waitlisted, with no formal "ranking" of those waitlisted. 

23 minutes ago, vitorstardelli said:

Anyone else applying for the Mental Health PhD at Hopkins? Didn't find a specific topic for that and haven't heard one word from them...

Same here. But I've seen a post on the result page saying that he or she got an interview. Hope that it's not a bad sign for us.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:59 AM, west_k said:

Anyone want to claim the UPitt Behavioral and Community Health Sciences acceptance from today?  I have my interview this afternoon and was wondering if you interviewed earlier this week or got accepted sans interview?

I was wondering the exact same thing! I was originally scheduled to interview last Monday and it was canceled and rescheduled for this Friday so I was freaking out when I saw that.

I applied to programs that all fell into the Health Behavior/Behavioral and Community Health-esque arenas.

2 hours ago, lws007168 said:

Same here. But I've seen a post on the result page saying that he or she got an interview. Hope that it's not a bad sign for us.

This was something isolate, and surprisingly early. When I applied for masters at JHU, they sent me a (positive) answer no sooner than April. I know departments are independent and can follow very different schedules, but I keep my faith! =)

22 hours ago, lws007168 said:

I just sent them an e-mail and got an automatic response. The person who's in charge of the applications is away and will be back one week from now. Not expecting to hear anything from them until so.