2 hours ago, eeeeerin89 said:

Did anyone else apply to UW’s metrics and implementation science global health PhD? It’s the last one I’m waiting to hear from and inevitably my #1 choice ?.

(if interest for data points: accepted at Pitt epi, UW epi, UGA Epi, Tulane global biostatistics; rejected by emory Epi) 

Had an interview with a prof for Global Health-Metrics track on 22nd Jan. Haven't heard back from them since:( Did you apply to Implementation science or Metrics?

Congrats on the 4 acceptances!!

8 hours ago, ghint said:

Had an interview with a prof for Global Health-Metrics track on 22nd Jan. Haven't heard back from them since:( Did you apply to Implementation science or Metrics?

Congrats on the 4 acceptances!!

I also applied for metrics! I interviewed right around the same time, so it’s reassuring to know we’re both waiting it out still! Hopefully it’s good news for us both! ??

I know Johns Hopkins has been sending their interview/acceptances/rejections in spurts and it is different department by department but has anyone heard from the Health Behavior and Society Department? My portal still says Sent for Review and I'm wondering if they sent out interview requests and I just did not make that cut. Once of the few schools I have not heard back from yet so it'd be nice not to have to continuously refresh everything! :)

4 hours ago, storm_jonas said:

For those that applied to JHU Epi - you might want to check out mypath. It looks like some people have their decisions posted.

I feel like I'm missing something... I applied to SOPHAS for JHU Epi, and I can't find the mypath account by googling. Can anybody share the url for this? Thank you!

17 minutes ago, pbcup said:

I feel like I'm missing something... I applied to SOPHAS for JHU Epi, and I can't find the mypath account by googling. Can anybody share the url for this? Thank you!

You should received an email from JHU about your online account and how to track your application.

The link that I have will direct to my application profile, so unfortunately I cannot share :/

edit:

or remove my name and try this:

mypath.jhsph.edu/FirstnameLastname(no space or dash)

Edited by FrozenFreshMeat

34 minutes ago, FrozenFreshMeat said:

You should received an email from JHU about your online account and how to track your application.

The link that I have will direct to my application profile, so unfortunately I cannot share :/

edit:

or remove my name and try this:

mypath.jhsph.edu/FirstnameLastname(no space or dash)

Thank you so much, I found it! If it helps anyone, I haven't heard back yet from JHU.

Edited by pbcup

5 hours ago, emjayco said:

I know Johns Hopkins has been sending their interview/acceptances/rejections in spurts and it is different department by department but has anyone heard from the Health Behavior and Society Department? My portal still says Sent for Review and I'm wondering if they sent out interview requests and I just did not make that cut. Once of the few schools I have not heard back from yet so it'd be nice not to have to continuously refresh everything! :)

It's been radio silence from HBS on my end, too! I asked around and others I know who applied to the department have similarly not yet heard anything. I'm hopeful that they haven't sent out interview requests (or don't do interviews), but am not really sure. 

5 hours ago, kma19 said:

It's been radio silence from HBS on my end, too! I asked around and others I know who applied to the department have similarly not yet heard anything. I'm hopeful that they haven't sent out interview requests (or don't do interviews), but am not really sure. 

I had contacted the department regarding if interview requests had gone out when I saw the mass amount of interviews on the survey (around mid January), but they said that department had not started reviewing yet. The report was that they would begin the following week. That was on January 23rd, so my anxiety is rising but here's hoping?

19 hours ago, pbcup said:

Thank you so much, I found it! If it helps anyone, I haven't heard back yet from JHU.

I have not heard from JHU-Epi either, hopefully we hear next week. Does anyone know when Harvard PHS plans to release decisions?

15 hours ago, emjayco said:

I had contacted the department regarding if interview requests had gone out when I saw the mass amount of interviews on the survey (around mid January), but they said that department had not started reviewing yet. The report was that they would begin the following week. That was on January 23rd, so my anxiety is rising but here's hoping?

Haven't heard back from JHU/HBS either... Before I sent my application (early November), I talked to a current student who [I think] said she had been interviewed there before she was accepted.

Maybe they don't interview everyone or they changed their process this year. 

Or maybe people are being/have been interviewed already and we just didn't make it :) lol

13 hours ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

Someone put me out of my misery and tell me this week will end the permanent decision fog? :(

(Speaking as someone with complete radio silence, barring some contact from POI at Tulane)

which program at Tulane? I got an acceptance from them last monday for the phd program in GCHBS. I also submitted my intent NOT to enroll (no funding) which should hopefully benefit someone on the waitlist for that program. 

17 hours ago, pkv said:

Haven't heard back from JHU/HBS either... Before I sent my application (early November), I talked to a current student who [I think] said she had been interviewed there before she was accepted.

Maybe they don't interview everyone or they changed their process this year. 

Or maybe people are being/have been interviewed already and we just didn't make it :) lol

Your signature says you had an interview at Yale- congrats! Which program did you apply to? 

13 minutes ago, 00ber said:

I JUST GOT MY FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!! The relief is extreme! UNC epidemiology PhD with my first choice of advisor :D

Good luck to everyone! I think several programs will be delivering decisions this week. 

Congratulations! Did you interview? I haven't heard anything from them since I applied, so I'm assuming it's a dragged out rejection :(. 

My decision was posted in MyPath for JHU (Epi). I did not get an e-mail notification. It seems like a lot of people's decisions are up. 

Rejected: Emory, JHU

Heard nothing from: BU, Brown, UNC, Columbia, Berkeley, UCLA

I'm definitely feeling disappointed with myself. I knew I wasn't the "perfect" applicant with the best numbers or publications, but I thought I would at least get a few interviews and 1 acceptance. It's looking I'm on the path for 8/8 rejections. 

56 minutes ago, person122 said:

Anybody know what the chances for an admit after an interview is? (I have one interview at Yale's recruitment day)

I believe it depends on the school/program.  I think changes are high after an interview but that's just my perception. Others should weigh in.

What program did you apply to at Yale?

9 minutes ago, west_k said:

I believe it depends on the school/program.  I think changes are high after an interview but that's just my perception. Others should weigh in.

What program did you apply to at Yale?

Yeah, that's my feeling too :/ I just wish they'd hurry up and decide already!

I applied to Social/Behavioral Science.

3 minutes ago, person122 said:

Yeah, that's my feeling too :/ I just wish they'd hurry up and decide already!

I applied to Social/Behavioral Science.

how long ago was recruitment day? did they give you a sense of when decisions would go out? It seems to be 3-4 weeks for the programs I applied to, so hopefully that's soon for you!