6 minutes ago, NFighter said:

Thank you so much! I think work flow is similar in Epi Dept since the website stated "Generally, GSR appointment offers cannot be guaranteed before the April 15th decision deadline".

I figured they were probably the same! Are you going to go to accepted students day?

11 minutes ago, Chengjianning said:

When I was admitted into UPitt, I contacted some POI, but none of them replied. I think I will decline it since I have other offers already.

Same here.

10 minutes ago, west_k said:

I figured they were probably the same! Are you going to go to accepted students day?

Probably not if I decide to decline it.

1 hour ago, beepboopbeepboop said:

Are schools/admissions open today for Presidents Day? (I.e. can I give my email a rest or not?) :rolleyes:

You can always check the academic calendar. It's probably different for every school. 

On 2/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, vitorstardelli said:

I just sent them an e-mail and got an automatic response. The person who's in charge of the applications is away and will be back one week from now. Not expecting to hear anything from them until so. 

It's been past one week since then...did you hear back from the JHU Mental Health Dept Academic Coordinator on when the results will be sent to students?

On 2/16/2018 at 10:44 PM, pkv said:

Thanks for the heads up, guys! Confirming also that JHU decisions are up on the portal, without any email sent.

Luckily, I was accepted to HBS. Still no information on funding, so I don't know if I'll accept. 

Good luck everybody.

Congrats!

Just FYI for others--not for all JHU programs have been updated. Still in limbo on Population, Family, and Reproductive Health: "Application sent for review."

14 hours ago, west_k said:

During my interview with Behavioral and Community Health Sciences they stated that they fund their students for at least the first two years. I'm sure the letter will say that's not guaranteed, but she did seem confident students in this program will be funded for at least those years. 

You are right. I was accepted to UPitt's DrPH program -Behavioral and Community Health Sciences . I got my official letter already which generally states that the department has a limited number of GSR positions available each year for doctoral students. The DrPH flow chart shows that funding is explored before the interview is conducted and also a funding follow up once the student accepts the offer. 

5 hours ago, DrPHfall2018 said:

You are right. I was accepted to UPitt's DrPH program -Behavioral and Community Health Sciences . I got my official letter already which generally states that the department has a limited number of GSR positions available each year for doctoral students. The DrPH flow chart shows that funding is explored before the interview is conducted and also a funding follow up once the student accepts the offer. 

Did you also discuss it in your interview and have a feel for how much funding is provided?

36 minutes ago, west_k said:

Did you also discuss it in your interview and have a feel for how much funding is provided?

I didn't discuss it in my interview but i sent an email. The reply i got says that the Department Chair is in the process of making funding decisions.

Information from the website also says that many doctoral students get funded. Fingers crossed. 

I know that the Epi track for the Harvard Population Health Sciences PhD will hear back this week. It's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from and I literally cannot think about anything else! Knowing my luck, we won't hear anything until Friday, which means I will be getting very little done at work this week -_________-

Long time lurker, first time poster

Anyone else here waiting on Pitt EHS? It's the only school left at this point that could potentially (pending campus visit to assess fit/feel) replace my current top choice. Even though at this point I'm 90% sure I'll end up at this other program, I just want to be done with this process already!

On 2/18/2018 at 2:25 AM, lws007168 said:

Thanks a lot!

I was wondering if they accept new students without interviews. Their website said: "Is an interview required? No, not unless further info is needed to ascertain the applicant's interest or knowledge level." (https://www.jhsph.edu/departments/mental-health/prospective-students-and-fellows/application-information/)

I honestly have no idea and I was surprised when they reached out as I had read that FAQ as well and wasn't expecting to hear from them. I haven't heard any updates yet so just keeping my fingers crossed...

15 minutes ago, epi_aspire said:

Does anyone know when Columbia Epi is planning to release decisions?

They told me they hoped to notify people by end of the month. 

12 minutes ago, beepboopbeepboop said:

Guys, I know I'm being super impatient / slowly descending into madness, but I feel like March is crazy late, especially compared to the other disciplines! Give us the news, people!

Yes, I agree. March seems late considering we have to commit in April... 

7 minutes ago, linnbear said:

They told me they hoped to notify people by end of the month. 

Yes, I agree. March seems late considering we have to commit in April... 

Thanks for the update! When did they tell you this?

7 minutes ago, ceterisparibus9 said:

V curious about this myself. I never got a good feel for them in my correspondence, but I can always hold out hope for a surprise!

I agree, when I asked during the interview they just said "soon". Hopefully we hear this week or next.

I'm honestly in a strange daze right now. My official acceptance for Harvard's Population Health Sciences program came through a bit ago (Social and Behavioral Sciences concentration). I was not expecting this, at all.

Edit: Accidentally entered it under "Clinical And Population Health Research" on the Results page because there's a strange autocorrect system...

Edited by ianmleavitt