I emailed Columbia about my Epi PhD application since we were supposed to hear in late Feb. They said my application is under review and I should hear back within two weeks.

Haven't been invited for an interview.. Maybe I'm on some kind of an unofficial waitlist?

23 hours ago, yc2018 said:

I was admitted by Pitt for HSR as well! I know it's a small program. Would love to hear from other potential incoming students.  

I was admitted by Pitt for the DrPH Behavioral and Community Health Science program.

I also got admitted to Penn State DrPH program and Oregon State University's PhD Public Health program. I'm leaning towards Pitt.  

23 hours ago, linnbear said:

I just got my rejection email from BU. I was waiting for it since I wasn't invited to prospective student day. So that's 4/8 rejections and 4/8 radio silence haha.

I think I just wasted my money applying and don't think I'll be trying for another cycle. Before I applied, I struggled with whether I should apply at all. My career is going well otherwise and doing a PhD would just be more of a financial burden. Since PhD programs have the same hesitation about me, it's now more affirmative that I shouldn't pursue a PhD. 

Please do hang in there. I got admitted to Penn State and Oregon State University without an interview. 

Anyone admitted into GWU's DrPH program and have any additional information on funding?

I received my admission for the DrPH in Health Behavior (very excited) but am very nervous about funding opportunities, as nothing was mentioned in my letter. I've reached out to the Program Director and the graduate assistant to find out more. The assistant said that some funding packages were sent with letters, but that additional funding may become available as department faculty get approved for different research projects.  Does anyone know if most DrPH students in the program end up with some sort of funding package or tuition coverage via assistantships? 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eris2018

40 minutes ago, Eris2018 said:

Anyone admitted into GWU's DrPH program and have any additional information on funding?

I received my admission for the DrPH in Health Behavior (very excited) but am very nervous about funding opportunities, as nothing was mentioned in my letter. I've reached out to the Program Director and the graduate assistant to find out more. The assistant said that some funding packages were sent with letters, but that additional funding may become available as department facility get approved for different research projects.  Does anyone know if most DrPH students in the program end up with some sort of funding package or tuition coverage via assistantships? 

Thanks in advance!

My friend is currently in the Health Behavior DrPH program and he said the department overall does a good job making sure everyone is getting funding. It does seem this year they accepted a larger cohort of students for both PhD and DrPH so I'm being cautiously optimistic. 

21 hours ago, HopefulHPM2018 said:

Hi everyone, long time lurker here! Any health policy/ services research applicants here? I’m still waiting on some schools! Harvard, yale, NYU, and UW are radio silence and heard from ucla, Minnesota, and Michigan. I feel like if I haven’t heard anything then it’s a drawn out rejection. Anyone have any insights on these schools?

I'm a health policy applicant. I had an interview at NYU last week.  I also applied to UCLA but haven't heard anything, not even an official rejection. I'm not sure if I should contact them. I didn't apply to the other schools you listed, so don't have any insights, but hope you get good news!

1 hour ago, hccgrl said:

Does anyone know if there are any programs still accepting applications this cycle? 

Looking at SOPHAS, it says: Claremont, CUNY, Florida International University, Loma Linda, Louisiana State, New York Medical College, Oregon State, Temple, Tulane (claims all applicants are rolling?), Albany, Alabama at Birmingham, Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman, Illinois at Chicago, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Nevada, Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (rolling), Pittsburgh, South Carolina, University of Texas, and Virginia Commonwealth all have doctorates open

Though mostly DrPH, instead of PhD, and some really random topics. Some are for Spring admission, but guess it's better to wait a few months, than a whole year. Most also have their deadline for tomorrow!

Edited by DrPHtobe

15 minutes ago, DrPHtobe said:

Looking at SOPHAS, it says: Claremont, CUNY, Florida International University, Loma Linda, Louisiana State, New York Medical College, Oregon State, Temple, Tulane (claims all applicants are rolling?), Albany, Alabama at Birmingham, Arizona Mel and Enid Zuckerman, Illinois at Chicago, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, Nevada, Oklahoma Health Sciences Center (rolling), Pittsburgh, South Carolina, University of Texas, and Virginia Commonwealth all have doctorates open

Though mostly DrPH, instead of PhD, and some really random topics. Some are for Spring admission, but guess it's better to wait a few months, than a whole year. Most also have their deadline for tomorrow!

Wow! Didn't have to do all of that! I started looking but I'm at work and it was taking for ever. Thank you!!

I only applied to one program and it looks like I'm getting nowhere, so thought I'd apply to any if possible and not waste my recommendations. 

4 minutes ago, hccgrl said:

Wow! Didn't have to do all of that! I started looking but I'm at work and it was taking for ever. Thank you!!

I only applied to one program and it looks like I'm getting nowhere, so thought I'd apply to any if possible and not waste my recommendations. 

I'm reading huge, boring documents at work, so the distraction was welcome!

I've been doing the same thing for MPH (waiting for one more DrPH, but suspect it'll be a no). I'll hopefully have time to get into an MPH this year, as I definitely don't want to pay all those fees again, ask for more references etc.

Good luck with the apps. Hopefully you'll find another course that you like :).

Looks like I may have been rejected by NYU (SBS), per an email from a Professor I know there: 

"We hosted PhD interviews last week.  I am not sure if the comittee will be going back to the pool of applicants. Please let me know how things go however. I think you have a lot of potential!"

That's most likely a rejection right? 

16 minutes ago, Embee said:
Looks like I may have been rejected by NYU (SBS), per an email from a Professor I know there: 

"We hosted PhD interviews last week.  I am not sure if the comittee will be going back to the pool of applicants. Please let me know how things go however. I think you have a lot of potential!"

That's most likely a rejection right? 

Not really sure! I feel like if they were on the committee they would know the outcome of your application... :/ 

On another note, just got my decision for Columbia Epi track, for those who are waiting to hear back  

17 minutes ago, vegginout said:

I'm one of those waiting to hear back!  How did it go for you?

Rejection. Le sigh, lol. I’m still waiting to hear back from Rutgers-Epi. But it looks like i’ll be reapplying next year. Third times the charm?

4 hours ago, KBA83 said:

I'm a health policy applicant. I had an interview at NYU last week.  I also applied to UCLA but haven't heard anything, not even an official rejection. I'm not sure if I should contact them. I didn't apply to the other schools you listed, so don't have any insights, but hope you get good news!

I got a rejection pretty early on from UCLA and then they came out with some acceptances, so they might still be deciding on you, trying to figure out some funding, or you could be on an unofficial waitlist and they’re waiting to see if they have any early acceptances decline. Don’t think it would hurt to reach out—getting pretty late in the game. 

Didnt get an interview at NYU so probably a no. I saw someone post for Harvard so those acceptances probably went out last week and rejections will go out soon.

So my cycle will probably be:

rejected: NYU, Harvard, Yale, UCLA, UW(?)

accepted: Michigan, Minnesota 

1 hour ago, GradNYC said:

ok, so is NYU sending out rejections one by one.... ugh this is nuts... I'm going to go nuts tomorrow checking my email. 

Let the hunger games begin :D

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:16 AM, storm_jonas said:

Has anyone at UNC received anything official regarding funding? I know internal T32 applications are due March 1. Does anyone have a sense of when they might notify people who they're giving T32 slots to or other packages?

Do applicants (potential incoming students) have to apply separately for these grants or is any admitted student considered? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, epi111 said:

Do applicants (potential incoming students) have to apply separately for these grants or is any admitted student considered? Thanks!

Dunno about UNC, but Columbia Epi PhD admitted students need to apply separately for fundings (as noted on their 2017 handbook). I assume some programs maybe the same as Columbia