5 minutes ago, xoxo123 said:

Just heard back from NYU. was informed that the committee was reviewing my application and would get back to me late April!! When I asked if that was a typo and they meant March, I was informed that it was in fact April!! Isnt the deadline for all schools April 15th?

That is insane!!! 

38 minutes ago, xoxo123 said:

Just heard back from NYU. was informed that the committee was reviewing my application and would get back to me late April!! When I asked if that was a typo and they meant March, I was informed that it was in fact April!! Isnt the deadline for all schools April 15th?

For which track? Their email to me said by mid-March, no later than April 15th.

53 minutes ago, xoxo123 said:

Who did you communicate with? It sounds strange. 

5 minutes ago, NotSoPatientlyWaiting2018 said:

Two weeks ago. I hope you hear back soon.

During my interview, they said I can expect to hear back by mid-March. I have no idea why I am now being told late April. Maybe I was placed on some kind of waitlist, but why wouldn't they inform me? 

4 hours ago, xoxo123 said:

During my interview, they said I can expect to hear back by mid-March. I have no idea why I am now being told late April. Maybe I was placed on some kind of waitlist, but why wouldn't they inform me? 

That's insane!

Maybe I'm on the same waitlist, because I haven't heard back either and apparently other people have been accepted. 

If not, sending initial acceptances in late April is almost like aiming for applicants who weren't accepted anywhere else (as 4/15 is the deadline for most, if not all, schools).

1 hour ago, pbcup said:

I just reached out to University of Michigan Epi, and they said we should be hearing back within the 2-3 weeks, and it seems as if the notification process is staggered. So if you see any early acceptances and haven't heard back, all hope is not lost!

Does this mean they’re waiting on their first round selections to say no, and that everyone else is on the waitlist?

1 hour ago, CatDog1122 said:

Does this mean they’re waiting on their first round selections to say no, and that everyone else is on the waitlist?

My understanding is that the notifications just come when they come, and there is no mass email for all those accepted and all those waitlisted. We could expect to hear back as early as next week, or as late as 2 weeks. I could be wrong though. 

2 hours ago, pbcup said:

My understanding is that the notifications just come when they come, and there is no mass email for all those accepted and all those waitlisted. We could expect to hear back as early as next week, or as late as 2 weeks. I could be wrong though. 

Oof. I am assuming it is similar for HSOP at Mich.... I am trying to not lose hope. I know I didn't make their first cut, but I don't care as long as I get in:(

On 3/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, PhMe said:

Yes for sure! That's a good idea; let me contact my POI. I do hope they get back to us soon!

Hey! did you get any update from your POI from UCSD-SDSU? The wait is killing me now!

On 3/9/2018 at 3:59 AM, pkv said:

That's insane!

Maybe I'm on the same waitlist, because I haven't heard back either and apparently other people have been accepted. 

If not, sending initial acceptances in late April is almost like aiming for applicants who weren't accepted anywhere else (as 4/15 is the deadline for most, if not all, schools).

I haven’t heard anyone being accepted to NYU here. Did you hear that people have already been accepted? The current students mentioned that they heard after 3 weeks of interview. And it’s only been 2. Not sure now though, after reading tht people have been accepted! Could people who were accepted throw some light on how and when they heard?

It's nearly the ides of March and I'm still agonizing waiting on 2 programs.

I think we're at that point where "top" applicants have been admitted but have not officially accepted so schools are still hanging on to the second tier folks. If you've already chosen your program pleeeeaaase let your other schools know so the rest of us can be put out of our misery!!

On 3/7/2018 at 1:35 PM, yc2018 said:

Hi, I attended NYU interview day as well for the policy and management track (probably we have met that day!) and haven't heard back either. Don't lose faith just yet!  

Yes I remember. Hope we hear some news soon!

Turned down offers from Yale, Harvard, UNC and Boston so hopefully that helps out those of you who are still waiting! 

Haven't heard back from Vanderbilt but at this point I'm sure it's a rejection and it wouldn't be my top choice anyway. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

On 3/12/2018 at 2:13 PM, ghint said:

Hey! did you get any update from your POI from UCSD-SDSU? The wait is killing me now!

Yes! In fact, it was an odd series of events. I contacted my POI who said they hadn't heard but would ask around. I then was contacted by the UCSD program director with whom I kind of interviewed (not sure if it was an interview or not; he said he just wanted to figure out where he could place me). He asked me to contact some faculty to see if they had the funds to support me for a TAship and that he would ask around as well. There was no official email or offer; just the conversation. This was late last week, and this week I let him down that I would be accepting an offer from another program.

14 hours ago, mph2015 said:

Turned down offers from Yale, Harvard, UNC and Boston so hopefully that helps out those of you who are still waiting! 

Haven't heard back from Vanderbilt but at this point I'm sure it's a rejection and it wouldn't be my top choice anyway. Best of luck to those who are still waiting!

Amazing! Such a strong applicant! So which university you may probably go to?

27 minutes ago, Pubhealth101 said:

So unfortunately, i got rejected from all of my programs. I want to follow-up with an email to some of the professors I spoke to before applying. Does anyone have examples of emails that inquiry about general feedback on their candidacy? 

That's a great question! I'm interested in this as well. 

I'm sorry you were rejected from all programs :-( I applied to one school and have not heard anything back yet.