Applying for Fall 2018!

TheLeoLinguist

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Charlie Moon said:

Still haven't heard from Georgetown (my area is computational)..... are they being super late or should I just expect a no from them ?

I am going crazy waiting to hear back from them. My area is theological & religious studies. Though some have been rejected or waitlisted, I have gotten nothing. Same old portal. 

15 hours ago, Charlie Moon said:

Still haven't heard from Georgetown (my area is computational)..... are they being super late or should I just expect a no from them ?

From what I know, they communicated admissions about a month ago. I was invited to the open house and later I was told I am in the wait list, but for another concentration. 

I think that if you haven't been rejected then you should be in the wait list too. Maybe e-mail them just to make sure! 

10 hours ago, thevphone said:

From what I know, they communicated admissions about a month ago. I was invited to the open house and later I was told I am in the wait list, but for another concentration. 

I think that if you haven't been rejected then you should be in the wait list too. Maybe e-mail them just to make sure! 

Yeah I have seen that they have sent out admissions and had open house days. Which is what is weird to me. Surely if I'm not invited to the open house means I'm either rejected or at the bottom of the waitlist so they could at least notify me... Oh well I guess I'll wait a few more days. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

For those who don't prevail... I will see you in the fall, I guess.  I posted near the beginning of this thread, but got spooked last fall when Congress was debating taxing stipends, and decided to keep my powder dry (I am super nontraditional) + continuing beefing up as best I can while waiting to apply for fall 2019.

My primary interest is computational, but I'm coming from an anthropology background and have some other interests as well, so perhaps some of us will meet again in the fall.

For the rest: Congratulations!

Hi all. I recently got an admit (big surprise) from University of Washington's Computational Linguistics Master's degree. Do any of you have more information on it? How is the course, job placements, research etc.