Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, MonkeyMagic said:

I think I should post an update as well...I was offered an interview at Baylor (Old Testament). Finally I see some light after a series of rejections...Anyone going to the interview?

Congrats! Do you know if other fields were already offered interviews as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just logged mine. Very ecstatic and grateful. It was an especially tough year for me: I was accepted to Oxford last year, obtained outside funding, and then realized that the funding came with too m

For those of you with multiple offers. Be ruthless in your evaluations. Don't let POIs sweet talk you. Don't assume that because your POI is famous they are good at helping their students get jobs. Ch

I emailed them and it's all fixed!!!

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Hopeless_Academic said:

Congrats! Do you know if other fields were already offered interviews as well?

Thanks. Honestly I am not sure about other fields...sorry that I cannot provide you with helpful information. Based on my observation of the last year's cycle, they seem to send out invitations around the same time. Nonetheless, nothing is certain. So I encourage you: do not lose hope!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MonkeyMagic said:

Thanks. Honestly I am not sure about other fields...sorry that I cannot provide you with helpful information. Based on my observation of the last year's cycle, they seem to send out invitations around the same time. Nonetheless, nothing is certain. So I encourage you: do not lose hope!

No worries. As it so happens, I just received notification that I was invited to Baylor's preview weekend! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I saw someone got an interview for OT on January 5th at Baylor and expected to get rejected after that. But as it turns out, I just got an invite to interview weekend as well! And since there are two OT positions there, I can wish you the best of luck, MonkeyMagic, and sincerely mean it! Congrats, you guys!

Edited by Almaqah Thwn
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Almaqah Thwn said:

So, I saw someone got an interview for OT on January 5th at Baylor and expected to get rejected after that. But as it turns out, I just got an invite to interview weekend as well! And since there are two OT positions there, I can wish you the best of luck, MonkeyMagic, and sincerely mean it! Congrats, you guys!

Thanks, Almaqah Thwn! And congratulations to you, too! I also wish you the best of luck for the interview! Huzzah! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 7:09 PM, Hopeless_Academic said:

Thought I should post an update since I started this thread. I got an email yesterday afternoon for a Skype interview at Princeton Seminary! Finally, some news. I'm applying for NT.

Related to this - any advice on these kinds of interviews? I was told it would be short, maybe 10 minutes.

Congratulations! Do you know if PTS has extended interview offers for other fields? I wish you the best of luck in the interview!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rabbit Run said:

Historically, Biblical Studies is the only department that consistently interviews (I think Religion and Society does too)

Rabbit Run, thanks for your reply! My field is Hebrew Bible. Do you think the HB faculty has already extended interview offers to applicants? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I had school to take my mind off waiting!

However I am sitting at work, with a computer and GradCafe/email open alllllllll day long. And its the worst. I'm going on vacation soon, so that should help some, but for now I'm always monitoring/feeling anxious!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

Late to this thread, but I applied to Duke, Duke Div, Harvard, Yale, PTS, Emory, Vandy, and ND.

Had a phone call with Yale and received an email from Emory expressing interest but radio silence from everywhere else.

Has anyone heard anything from the others? I saw PTS extended invites, so that's a bummer for me. Hoping Duke will express interest...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings all!

I'm new to this thread as well. Have apps out to Harvard, Yale, Columbia, Stanford, UVA, Vanderbilt, Boston U and UNC Chapel Hill. Had some phone chats with Harvard, UNC, UVA, Stanford, and Vanderbilt people back in the fall, but haven't heard much since. 

My M.Div is from PTS ('16) and as I remember it their visit days for prospective PhD candidates are as much a recruiting tool as they are a way of weeding through the the list, and I definitely knew students who were admitted without a visit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @xypathos and @ShewantsthePhD101, congrats on your acceptances at FSU!  I'm in REP here currently (in my third year), so feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Again, congrats!  And isn't it nice when schools send out acceptances early!

Pax,

Luke

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard from Emory as well (interview invitation for Hebrew Bible). For those of you who are Grad Cafe pros, is that something I post in the results section or only here? 

Also, does anyone know what timelines have been in the past for Duke, Vandy, or ND? Patience is not my strong suit...!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, msdb said:

I just heard from Emory as well (interview invitation for Hebrew Bible). For those of you who are Grad Cafe pros, is that something I post in the results section or only here? 

Also, does anyone know what timelines have been in the past for Duke, Vandy, or ND? Patience is not my strong suit...!

Congrats! It's entirely up to you whether you want to post it in the results section or not, though it's helpful for current and future applicants. I'm guessing all the fields were contacted, so that's a bummer for me. Ah well, the waiting continues!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.