MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

46 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

Sorry, :(

Thanks TinaSlay, I'm not hurt too bad by it, I kind of saw it coming, I'm just really glad the waiting is over. I hope you hear better news than I did, fingers crossed! (:

12 minutes ago, waitingisfun said:

Thanks TinaSlay, I'm not hurt too bad by it, I kind of saw it coming, I'm just really glad the waiting is over. I hope you hear better news than I did, fingers crossed! (:

Ahh, thank you, but I've definitely been rejected too. Didn't even get an interview notification. Just waiting on my rejection email / letter, :lol:

1 hour ago, AngryHarold said:

i'm still weighing my options at the moment. i haven't ruled it out yet. 

i feel ya. I'm really digging on the program it's just so hard to find an affordable room. like where are all the broke students who are sharing rooms and packing people in an apartment to pay cheap(er) rent?

12 hours ago, BradleyMpainting said:

i feel ya. I'm really digging on the program it's just so hard to find an affordable room. like where are all the broke students who are sharing rooms and packing people in an apartment to pay cheap(er) rent?

well if you want to feel better about it, try searching for some Brooklyn apartments for a while, lol. it's a nightmare. 

but yea, i stayed with a current student when i interviewed there, and she lived with two other roomies in a nice apartment. so it is possible. hopefully someone at the school can help you out.

First of all, thank you to all of you who shared their situations, I've been reading the topic for a while and it's been really helpful.

I've already been accepted to SCAD to their Animation MFA (in Savannah) with a pretty nice scholarship, any opinions about it?

I'm still waiting to hear from UCLA Animation Workshop. Anybody had any news from them? I was never interviewed so I expect a rejection, but this waiting is killing me.

18 hours ago, BradleyMpainting said:

Is anyone going to BU here??

I ended up declining their offer. I just couldn't do it with no funding :/

It's definitely disappointing-- Boston seems like a great school. 

2 hours ago, Hi! said:

First of all, thank you to all of you who shared their situations, I've been reading the topic for a while and it's been really helpful.

I've already been accepted to SCAD to their Animation MFA (in Savannah) with a pretty nice scholarship, any opinions about it?

I'm still waiting to hear from UCLA Animation Workshop. Anybody had any news from them? I was never interviewed so I expect a rejection, but this waiting is killing me.

Well, I went to SCAD for all four years of undergrad and graduated just a year ago, so I'm pretty up-to-date on them. I know SCAD can get some flack from some people (for reason's I've never fully understood, since I thought it was a great school during my experience), but if there's anything SCAD is really well known for, it's their animation department above all else. I've heard it's really fantastic - two of my roommates majored in animation, and they've already gone on to do a lot. SCAD's animation department also has some really nice relationships with a lot of companies like Disney, Activision, DreamWork, LucasFilm, Nick, etc. . . Plus, despite there being some crime like any other city, Savannah is actually quite a nice city to live in - it's very much affordable on the housing front, and it's a pretty city to boot.

Edited by TinaSlay

20 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

Well, I went to SCAD for all four years of undergrad and graduated just a year ago, so I'm pretty up-to-date on them. I know SCAD can get some flack from some people (for reason's I've never fully understood, since I thought it was a great school during my experience), but if there's anything SCAD is really well known for, it's their animation department above all else. I've heard it's really fantastic - two of my roommates majored in animation, and they've already gone on to do a lot. SCAD's animation department also has some really nice relationships with a lot of companies like Disney, Activision, DreamWork, LucasFilm, Nick, etc. . . Plus, despite there being some crime like any other city, Savannah is actually quite a nice city to live in - it's very much affordable on the housing front, and it's a pretty city to boot.

As an international student who is still a little bit lost with a lot of stuff, your comment has made my day. Thanks!

Even if I was accepted at UCLA, I am not sure if I would be able to afford it (LA is quite pricy :( ), so SCAD is my priority right now and you just confirmed what I already thought: it's going to be an awesome experience *___*. I'm so nervous...

13 minutes ago, Hi! said:

As an international student who is still a little bit lost with a lot of stuff, your comment has made my day. Thanks!

Even if I was accepted at UCLA, I am not sure if I would be able to afford it (LA is quite pricy :( ), so SCAD is my priority right now and you just confirmed what I already thought: it's going to be an awesome experience *___*. I'm so nervous...

Of course!

Savannah might not be a Los Angeles or a NYC, but they still have some great connections, especially since they have a campus in Atlanta! And it will be an awesome experience - exciting times for all of us, :lol: . Best of luck in whatever you decide!

32 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

Exciting times for all of us, :lol: . Best of luck in whatever you decide!

Indeed!

Do you already know where will you be going? :D

6 hours ago, AngryHarold said:

well if you want to feel better about it, try searching for some Brooklyn apartments for a while, lol. it's a nightmare. 

but yea, i stayed with a current student when i interviewed there, and she lived with two other roomies in a nice apartment. so it is possible. hopefully someone at the school can help you out.

HA! yeah I'll take a hard pass on that one! 

I also stayed with a current student. He had a sweet spot that he said was super affordable. however it was an hour train ride from the school (honestly wouldn't bother me). But he had also been living in Boston for a few years prior to attending BU so definitely had the 'in'

I'm praying, decision time is coming down the line fast

Berkeley full ride...or Tyler with about only half of cost covered+plus a small living stipend??? Wasn’t expecting this decision to be so hard...this is for painting

35 minutes ago, TinaSlay said:

Yeah, I'll be heading up to MICA in Baltimore! Online apartment hunting already, ^_^

A lot of the MICA People live in the copy cat building. Its a pretty sweet artist community in an old warehouse and can be pretty affordable. they're huge rooms that are very unfinished and usually split between a lot of people. so if you don't need a ton of luxury its a solid option if you can find a spot opening up

Anyone committing to Columbia, New Genres or passing up the opportunity? I’m sticking on the wait list and wondering what my chances are. I’m choosing Pratt, Intergrated Practices with a scholarship as of now. Sending out letters to Tufts, SVA and UC San Diego today that I’ll be passing up their offers. I hope that opens the door for waitlisters there!

2 hours ago, MFAAFM said:

Berkeley full ride...or Tyler with about only half of cost covered+plus a small living stipend??? Wasn’t expecting this decision to be so hard...this is for painting

philly will likely be softer on your wallet in the long run and puts you in rather close proximity to NYC if that's important to you. the berkeley offer is great too and puts you on the west coast but closest aligned to the city with the highest living costs in the US. maybe if you're stuck, try to call faculty at both schools who you like and would want to work with. i just did this with the two schools i was stuck between and finally made a decision. best of luck!

3 hours ago, MFAAFM said:

I believe you probably received my offer from Tyler that I had turned down. I don't know too much about Berkeley, but Tyler is a great school. It was a hard decision to turn them down, Professor Glahn was very kind and knows his stuff. I do think Tyler fits a certain type of painter though, so if you would like to message me to show or talk about your work I could give you more feedback...

A fullride is very hard to turn down..Tyler is pretty costly tbh, you could also inquire about more financial aid. Let me know! Happy to continue this conversation.