MFA 2018 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

On 4/4/2018 at 6:17 PM, sellian said:

Did you end up having any luck? I haven't heard anything, and I'm very disappointed. I was really set on going there, mainly because I love Columbus and I have a lot of friends there. It is such a good program too, and the department had everything I was looking for.

Does it seem like a good idea to anyone at this point to send an email just out right asking for an update? I figure it won't hurt my chances this late in the game, and I may as well rip the band aid so I can just move on, because I'm sick of checking my emails every day and finding nothing there. 

I emailed and haven't heard back about a decision for OSU.

On 4/7/2018 at 5:35 PM, hoax said:

Hunter people- I finally declined my offer, which came with some funding. Hope someone has good news coming their way.

Thanks for the heads up. May I ask what kind of funding they offered you?

4 hours ago, slickjaketheruler said:

Has anyone NOT heard back from VCU Painting and Printmaking yet? I haven't gotten anything from them at all. I'm assuming I'm most likely rejected.

I've posted it probably 10 times already, but I haven't either for photo. Not an email or a letter or anything, and my application was submitted back in early December. It's really not a good look, and I'm starting to get a little miffed about it. I've already happily accepted elsewhere, but I just want to know so I can stop thinking about it.

Edited by TinaSlay

12 hours ago, TinaSlay said:

I've posted it probably 10 times already, but I haven't either for photo. Not an email or a letter or anything, and my application was submitted back in early December. It's really not a good look, and I'm starting to get a little miffed about it. I've already happily accepted elsewhere, but I just want to know so I can stop thinking about it.

You should contact the dept. for closure's sake. I received a rejection letter in the mail about a week ago. I was also feeling irritated about the loose end.

4 hours ago, John0000 said:

Has anyone heard back from NYU Steinhardt MFA Studio Art program? I had my interview last month and was wondering if anyone got accepted to the program yet. 

Ikr, what's going on with NYU?

On 2018. 4. 6. at 11:28 PM, John0000 said:

Did you get accepted to both? They are both phenomenal schools. I would lean a little towards Hunter since the tuition is 1/3 of the cost and they have amazing painters for you to work with. 

yes,  but I have yet to make a decision between Hunter and NYU. NYU offers half of the tuition and fees for 2 years of study. Two are so different..really hard to choose

5 hours ago, xgramx said:

yes,  but I have yet to make a decision between Hunter and NYU. NYU offers half of the tuition and fees for 2 years of study. Two are so different..really hard to choose

Oh man... thats hard! My friend went to Hunter and she really loved her experience! She said the amount of resources at Hunter is incredible. Plus, she has significantly less debt compared to other friends who went to other schools even with funding. NYU is a great school as well. When do you have to let them know by?

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Edited by John0000

Well, my grad school application process is over... I am going to Miami University! I was FINALLY notified of a decision from University of Washington yesterday. They rejected me, but I'm honestly just glad I finally found out. 

I just wanted to thank everyone on here for helping me through this process -- I haven't been the most active, but reading everyone's posts has been so helpful. Good luck to everyone!!

On 4/12/2018 at 7:52 AM, John0000 said:

Oh man... thats hard! My friend went to Hunter and she really loved her experience! She said the amount of resources at Hunter is incredible. Plus, she has significantly less debt compared to other friends who went to other schools even with funding. NYU is a great school as well. When do you have to let them know by?

Congratulations on your acceptance!

Yes I met an artist who recently graduated from Hunter here in Chattanooga, TN (she's doing an artist residency) and she looooved it.  She said she got a lot of opportunities for traveling and went to germany multiple times, for freee!!! also she was super cool. 

On 4/18/2018 at 5:07 AM, Hi! said:

Is anybody else waiting to hear from UCLA Animation MFA? I do not understand what's taking them this long :( I might accept soon the offer I already got and forget about UCLA...

Hi uhhh Hi! I haven't heard anything either. I'm reapplying to the program and last year I didn't hear a reply until May 26th, granted I was waitlisted for the program. I emailed the program twice last week and I still haven't gotten a reply. This program drives me nuts because they send out letters super late, but I still really want to go to it :blink:.  But hey at least we have each other.