On ‎2017‎년 ‎9‎월 ‎20‎일 at 10:42 AM, Eigen said:

There's a mobile site, not sure why it needs an app?

well, you must have used an app when there is a mobile site for another website.

the app is more comfortable and convenient than the mobile site as you know..

some things are invented because you need it and some things are invented because its more convenient.

On ‎2017‎년 ‎9‎월 ‎21‎일 at 2:42 AM, rising_star said:

@jasper8625, was that an offer to develop an app? 

wish i could make one but i'm afraid i can't :)

8 hours ago, jasper8625 said:

some things are invented because you need it and some things are invented because its more convenient.

Usually when someone invents something because it's more convenient, they also make money off of it. But we don't really make any money for running this site so there's little incentive to develop an app for it. If someone built us one, we'd certainly take a look at it.

11 hours ago, jasper8625 said:

well, you must have used an app when there is a mobile site for another website.

the app is more comfortable and convenient than the mobile site as you know..

Actually, no- the whole point of a mobile site is that you don't need a separate app for it. You develop apps for things that a mobile site will not work well for, or you need to have some additional (usually offline) functionality. 

So I guess I'm missing the point of an app for this particular case. Can you elaborate on what you think it would do that the mobile site doesn't do already?

16 hours ago, Eigen said:

Actually, no- the whole point of a mobile site is that you don't need a separate app for it. You develop apps for things that a mobile site will not work well for, or you need to have some additional (usually offline) functionality. 

So I guess I'm missing the point of an app for this particular case. Can you elaborate on what you think it would do that the mobile site doesn't do already?

well i personally think the app would be better for several reasons.

but after i consider the administrative perspective, it wouldn't be that beneficial because the mobile site already does a lot of things.

however as you asked me to elaborate some points, i'll just give a few examples(these might already be in the mobile site..)

bookmark for browsing: when i want to search something in a particular forum, i have to go into the forum everytime i open the site. i thought it would be good if there was a bookmark function for forums, not only for posts.

also, after i read a post such as "contents i follow"(activity-my activity streams-content i follow) i have to do this process again to look at something else like "content i started"(activity-my activity streams-content i started). i thougt it would be better if there was an open-close function on the blackboard(?) so i could have a preview-ish something.

19 hours ago, rising_star said:

Usually when someone invents something because it's more convenient, they also make money off of it. But we don't really make any money for running this site so there's little incentive to develop an app for it. If someone built us one, we'd certainly take a look at it.

yes, i agree with you, the incentive part should be considered.

as you said, if there is someone who is interested in making the app, it would be better