HKS 2018

Stacy_85

It’s March 7 or March 14 (see my earlier Roswell-themed posting) but only for Master‘s programs. Admitted PhDs get a call but I don‘t know anything of the schedule there since it’s handled through GSAS. 

27 minutes ago, deeperblue said:

Has anyone seen any indication on when the admitted students day would be? While I certainly don't know whether I'll be admitted, I'm trying to avoid scheduling trips to other schools that would preclude it if I did get in.

Not sure about this year, but I believe they've had it the first or second week of April in the past. I really hope we get decisions by next Wednesday.

Looks like Friday, Apr 13, 2018, is Admit Students day this year - not that anyone on here is planning on it, as we collectively dive into a safe space of nonchalance regarding pending lifechanging admissions decisions... or whatever...

https://admissions.hks.harvard.edu/www/documents/Admissions_Flow_Chart_2017.pdf

Well, I was initially very excited about the blog update. I'm glad they noted admitted students days. But not seeing the actual decision timeline made me feel like someone who bit into a vegan dish expecting meat. Matt will update us again a few days before the decisions come out, right?

14 minutes ago, lackey said:

Well, I was initially very excited about the blog update. I'm glad they noted admitted students days. But not seeing the actual decision timeline made me feel like someone who bit into a vegan dish expecting meat. Matt will update us again a few days before the decisions come out, right?

Lol. I think there should be 5-6 posts more till the result day. But they never give out the date in advance 

I might be wrong, but my understanding is that this is the first year that they are trying to release financial aid at the same time as admissions decisions. Have other people heard/seen that? Makes me wonder if they might need to allow a bit of extra processing time, especially for CPL fellowships that require interviews. 

Edited by jello1237

Last year the admit came first and then the financial aid decision. But this time, the deadline for fin aid had been advanced by 15 days and the timeline also says that both will be out before 15 March. But I have doubts about CPL that requires interview. Maybe decisions will come by 9th and fin aid by 15th

8 minutes ago, brown queer said:

I am not sure but someone on the forum claimed admit mails went out to a few people last week from HKS. Pretty confusing given the timeline says March.

Check out this thread. It claims admits came out to some people as per some source: https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/93459-2017-2018-application-cycle/?page=99&tab=comments#comment-1058569124