Jump to content
Stacy_85

HKS 2018

Recommended Posts

I believe today's the day! But I am thinking it might be towards the end of the work day rather than 11am or 1pm (delay from snow day?). 

In any case, thank you to everyone here for making this process more bearable and sharing insight! good luck to you all :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last two years:

names post 2017: decisions came out two days later on March 8

names post 2016: decisions came out one day later on March 9

Yes, these days were all Wednesday.

There's no way he can get through 2,000 names in a day. I guess I'm just pessimistic lol. Maybe it's not as hard as I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Since they released name reading blog early does that not mean results could be late today too?

I mean, it could since decisions have gone out 2nd Wed. of the month. I hope they stay in late today. They typically don't release decisions after late morning/early afternoon but maybe they're as sick of this process as we are/want to beat Princeton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also maybe we shouldnt correlate posting of blog to conduction of process? My point being may be names have been read already & this was just for information. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Also maybe we shouldnt correlate posting of blog to conduction of process? My point being may be names have been read already & this was just for information. 

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Precedent points both for and against a decision today. But we won't know for sure til the end of today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Also maybe we shouldnt correlate posting of blog to conduction of process? My point being may be names have been read already & this was just for information. 

I agree with this! But I think if we don't get results before 1pm, we are not getting them. I also don't think Princeton's deadline has any influence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another point to observe: They posted this blog early in the morning. Which means results might be later in the day. 

Had they planned on releasing results later, this blog post would have been made in the afternoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brown queer said:

Another point to observe: They posted this blog early in the morning. Which means results might be later in the day. 

Had they planned on releasing results later, this blog post would have been made in the afternoon.

Most blog posts I have received have been posted pretty early. I mostly get the email by 9:46 am and the post is online a while before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Prester John said:

2.5 hours more and we will know the answer?

I hope so! 

I think we'll know tomorrow. 100 days post-application deadline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Camelot36 said:

In other news, I haven't been on tumblr this much since 2008.

???

Who knew those high school social justice rants would prepare me to be rejected by Harvard!

Edited by bumblybee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although emotionally preparing for decisions tomorrow, a sliver of me is hoping HKS mimics MIT undergrad admissions results and reports decisions today at 1:59pm in honor of pi day (3.14(1:59))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RealMowgli said:

Although emotionally preparing for decisions tomorrow, a sliver of me is hoping HKS mimics MIT undergrad admissions results and reports decisions today at 1:59pm in honor of pi day (3.14(1:59))

I forgot it's pi day. I got rejected from my dream college 4 years ago (ended up being a good thing) so hopefully HKS doesn't take a leaf out of that book LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RealMowgli said:

Although emotionally preparing for decisions tomorrow, a sliver of me is hoping HKS mimics MIT undergrad admissions results and reports decisions today at 1:59pm in honor of pi day (3.14(1:59))

Previous years had been 1:00 PM...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prester John said:

Previous years had been 1:00 PM...

Shortly before 1:00PM, if I'm not mistaken!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be either at 1:00 PM or tomorrow. It can't be too late because I'm sure they get called for questions after admissions get released and someone has to be there to answer them. But even then, it is entirely possible it could be this Friday. Either way, we'll have a decision before the weekend comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mppmd2018 said:

It will be either at 1:00 PM or tomorrow. It can't be too late because I'm sure they get called for questions after admissions get released and someone has to be there to answer them. But even then, it is entirely possible it could be this Friday. Either way, we'll have a decision before the weekend comes.

I think you're hedging your bets a bit there haha. But yes, I agree with your central premise. If they don't come out before 1, I don't think they'll come until tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.