SSHRC Doctoral Award/CGS (funding for 2018-2019)

PsychBoy

2 hours ago, Old Rene said:

Final Friday in April, just like last year. Anyone else away from home for an extended period? I won't see my mailbox again until mid-August, likely have to write to my FGS research office to voluntarily seek out my rejection, lol.

I hope they put these past 4 months to good use!!

Good luck everyone!

Capture.PNG

That says 2017.  I don't see the twitter yet saying they have mailed.  But maybe there won't be one?

2 hours ago, PsychBoy said:

Coincidence? I received an email TODAY from Vanier asking me to email SSHRC to tell them I am rejecting a Doctoral Scholarship?!

Wow, Congrats! Do you mind sharing what committee you applied to?

2 hours ago, UnlikelyGrad4 said:

Wow, Congrats! Do you mind sharing what committee you applied to?

but then I replied back saying I never even got the results lol...

Hi everyone, so I won a Vanier scholarship and yesterday they emailed me requesting that I contact SSHRC and confirm that I’m declining a SSHRC scholarship. This morning I got an email from SSHRC saying that even though I declined I’ll be getting the results in the mail as they were mailed out April 27th. I hope this helps resolve some confusion.

2 hours ago, msfinley said:

Hi everyone, so I won a Vanier scholarship and yesterday they emailed me requesting that I contact SSHRC and confirm that I’m declining a SSHRC scholarship. This morning I got an email from SSHRC saying that even though I declined I’ll be getting the results in the mail as they were mailed out April 27th. I hope this helps resolve some confusion.

same

I posted about that above

5 minutes ago, BibliophileSW said:

Too scared!! lol

You can ask your Graduate Coordinator to do it on your programs/departments behalf? I emailed mine today, and she responded that she normally hears from students before anyone else, but I really don't think this is consistent (from what I've seen in the past). 

6 minutes ago, JimBob1 said:

A friend of mine told me he heard back after contacting the federal awards officer at their university! It seems this is an option, but I just don't have the nerve. 

They 100% know, I just don't think they could tell you until the letters were officially in the mail. So ask them!