Liberty University Masters in History

James D.

18 hours ago, Tigla said:

Maybe I can speak a bit more to serving in the military and going to university at the same time. As you know, the military will not willingly spend money on anything and needs to be justified, even the GI bill and especially when it comes to graduate school. My GI bill was reduced because I went to a local university, enrolled in a history and economics program, and worked full-time while attending undergrad. If you are counting on the GI waivers, do not! You need to be frank with yourself and understand that graduate school waivers will be harder to obtain than undergrad waivers. Keeping that in mind, you should also look beyond cost as your first priority. There are a ton of scholarships/grants for active duty servicemembers to supplement their income and GI bill waivers (you really need to look around). Finally, we come to active-duty and education. I would not expect to study full-time and remain an active member of the military. This comes down to the mere hours of duties that you must complete. A graduate program can be unforgiving, especially when you get behind on work and readings. Therefore, I would suggest finishing your contract with the military and finishing undergrad. Only then will you be equipped to handle a graduate program in terms of money, time, and stress.

Thank you Tigla. I'm combining a few things, I have 100% Post 9/11 G.I. Bill and Tuition Assistance. It should cover all cost. I will think about what you have said though, thank you very much!