Sign in to follow this  
rorsha

Is it alright if I ask for a profile evaluation?

So you can ask, but be aware that no one here will be able to tell you exactly what adcoms are looking for/your exact chances of getting into a program. 

In addition, there aren't really safety schools at this point in your academic career. People all over this forum have been accepted to Ivy league and rejected from lesser-known programs. Instead of trying for easy to get in programs, make sure that each program you apply to is a great fit for your research interests/theoretical framework/methodology. The best chance you have for getting in a program is by being a strong candidate who they feel will fit in perfectly. That being said, there are never any guarantees. 

GreenEyedTrombonist pretty much answered your question, but I would add that some programs (not many) will evaluate your CV, transcripts etc. if requested. Two of the grad schools I plan on applying to take appoints to come in, and go over your materials to determine how competitive an applicant you would be. They would also give you advice as to what weaknesses you have, and how you could remedy them.