Columbia MSW Applicants (Fall 2018)

JonoDuncan

6 hours ago, Justsomename said:

Does anyone know when everyone is supposed have their decisions by? I’ve heard they were supposed to start “beginning of February” but has anyone heard when they plan to have all final decisions by?

It's rolling. Priority decisions come in February for those who applied before the deadline and I believe they start rolling admissions in March. 

I’m thinking it’ll be next week everyone. I’ve been reviewing the several answers we’ve received from calling them so much ? let’s hope I’m right! It’s either Valentine’s Day week or the week after for sure!!!

15 hours ago, Kat_MSW2018 said:

I’m thinking it’ll be next week everyone. I’ve been reviewing the several answers we’ve received from calling them so much ? let’s hope I’m right! It’s either Valentine’s Day week or the week after for sure!!!

You’re probably right. It just doesn’t make sense because the director specifically told me two weeks ago today that I would have my decision in the next two weeks. I just wish they would tell me my fate and put me out of my misery already!

I just got off the phone with admissions about a question I had on my application. I also checked in on the decision status and  was told we’d hear back in a couple of weeks. The answers started more specific and are slowly becoming more vague! Haha. I guess all we can do is wait. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:07 AM, Rockybaby said:

You’re probably right. It just doesn’t make sense because the director specifically told me two weeks ago today that I would have my decision in the next two weeks. I just wish they would tell me my fate and put me out of my misery already!

Sounds like Valentine’s Day week is it for us!! Can’t wait to see you all this fall!

I just called and they said in two weeks or the end of the month. They apparently had a lot of applications this year which is contributing to the time delays. And this was just for the priority applicants. They originally told me I would have known like last week. Ha. I keep having to submit extensions for other schools.

1 hour ago, TariSafarii said:

Guys I just called Columbia and they told me that I was under review and I’d know in a week or two. Which is really strange because when I called in January they said that decision would be out in February. 

IS ANYONE ELSE FRUSTRATED??????

i applied priority decision, and you’d think we’d get to find out earlier. You know? 

The same thing happened to me! I just called as well, and they said my application is still under review...I applied in November. I was originally told I would hear by the first of February, but the lady just told me I would hear by March 1st.

6 minutes ago, KCR said:

The same thing happened to me! I just called as well, and they said my application is still under review...I applied in November. I was originally told I would hear by the first of February, but the lady just told me I would hear by March 1st.

I was told by the director that I would get my decision last week, and I still haven’t found out. Hope this isn’t a bad sign, because the anticipation is killing me!