Applying for Fall 2018

I'mReallyScaredIWontGetIn

I'm in this same kind of boat, having heard from most schools but still waiting on Duke and Cornell, although from the results section it looks like some people have already gotten acceptances for my program from these two schools.  If we are on some kind of waitlist and they are waiting to hear back from those who they have given offers to, why can't they tell us that instead of leaving us in the dark?  I'd much rather know now whether I'm rejected or on a waitlist than just thinking I've been forgotten about!

On a positive note though, at least I have gotten an acceptance and funding package that is good enough to accept from Eastman, so I'm excited that after two years of applying I'll definitely be going back to school!

On 3/16/2018 at 7:54 AM, Rimsky-korsakov said:

Its not all bad news, I got in to UNC Chapel Hill, Pittsburgh, and Cambridge but this waiting is getting unbearable! Any recent news from UCLA or Duke for anyone? Also was anyone else on here waitlisted at Penn or anywhere else? I don't really know what to do with that information and its driving me a little bit crazy!

It looks like UCLA’s admissions decisions are out—got my rejection letter just now. 

12 hours ago, Rimsky-korsakov said:

Me too :/ congrats to you and your partner though! I hope you get to plan your honeymoon soon! 

Thanks! And congrats to you on your other acceptances, and best of luck in your decision making =)

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Lullista said:

SOme news from Cornell? Is there someone still waiting for an answer from them? Thanks!

I don't know if you've seen the results page (maybe you're one of the posters ), but it seems like so many people are still waiting  for any kind of response from Cornell! Good luck to everyone! 

Has anyone made their decisions yet?

Finally got my rejection from Cornell, now I'm just waiting on Duke.

I'm wondering if anyone has been waitlisted for any of the Duke music programs, or is it just that they sent out some acceptances and everyone else is hasn't been contacted?

Has anyone heard anything from Case Western? I see that some rejections have been posted, but has anyone been accepted or heard anything from the department? I assume I'm on some kind of de facto waiting list or that they are trying to get funding offers together, but I've reached out to the department and it's been radio silence. Any luck?

Man, this wait has been brutal. Waiting to hear about funding from one school, and waitlisted at my top choice. I wish I could go back and tell myself in December not to worry about checking portals and emails obsessively for four months, because it's April and I still don't know anything! Would have saved myself a lot of anxiety and time lol

33 minutes ago, Rimsky-korsakov said:

Well I just got my rejection from Duke. I don't know if anyone else's status has changed but now might be a good time to go check the portal and see. 

Me too.  Finally!