Vanier CGS (2017-2018)

PsychBoy

57 minutes ago, high_hopes said:

In case anyone is interested, I emailed Vanier about deferring. They replied saying the following:

"For the purposes of determining eligibility, an award that has been accepted from a previous competition will render a candidate ineligible, regardless of the start date of that award, or whether or not the funds are being drawn upon at the time of application."

I was fortunate enough to receive a SSHRC CGS this year, so I'll take it and enjoy it. (And I am very thankful for it!) I was close for the Vanier this year, but I guess it wasn't meant to be!

Thanks. So @Adelaide9216 you would need to literally reject the regular SSHRC, not defer.

• 4 weeks later...

Exciting: my university did a photoshoot and interview with winners and Vanier asked us for pictures! Announcements are coming!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, PsychBoy said:

Results are out on the Vanier website!

Congrats! ;)

I am putting two and two together and I think I know who you are on the winner's list, haha.

12 minutes ago, CrazyPugLady said:

Congrats! ;)

I am putting two and two together and I think I know who you are on the winner's list, haha.

two and two being psych and boy ?

(oh AND Montreal, QC)

Edited by PsychBoy

• 8 months later...

Hi guys, I'm waiting for the results of the Vanier CGS NSERC next week! In case I get it, do you know if I can change the date of the start of the payments? I marked May 1 but I want to reschedule for next year, Thank you!