CSULB MSW fall 2018

Dkayleigh

On 2/26/2018 at 12:55 PM, ktl510 said:

Has anyone heard back who applied close to the deadline? I applied about a week before the application was due and am wondering when I should expect a response. Thanks! :)

Last year, I turned in my packet on the last day and didnt get a response until the middle of April.

50 minutes ago, mlopez said:

Last year, I turned in my packet on the last day and didnt get a response until the middle of April.

I jumped too soon on my comment, because I actually received an acceptance email later that day!!! :)

I also don’t know too much about CSULB. I mainly applied because they offered the PPSC. Does anyone have a lot of knowledge about the program they don’t mind sharing?

Has anyone else who’s been accepted created their CSULB account? I’m wondering if they’ll be notifying us of the orientation date through our personal or CSULB email. If anyone knows how that’s done, feel free to chime in. :) 

Hi kath18, I got the same email Angie20 got. My orientation is on May 5th, other than that, I havent received anything else.

Edited by mlopez

On 3/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, ktl510 said:

I jumped too soon on my comment, because I actually received an acceptance email later that day!!! :)

I also don’t know too much about CSULB. I mainly applied because they offered the PPSC. Does anyone have a lot of knowledge about the program they don’t mind sharing?

Congrats!!!!

On 3/10/2018 at 12:07 AM, mlopez said:

Hi kath18, I got the same email Angie20 got. My orientation is on May 5th, other than that, I havent received anything else.

Which cohort were you accepted into? 

What about you, Angie20?

My email just said the date was TBD. So hopefully I hear soon about it. 

On 3/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, kath18 said:

Which cohort were you accepted into? 

What about you, Angie20?

My email just said the date was TBD. So hopefully I hear soon about it. 

3 year :).

How about you? 

19 hours ago, mlopez said:

3 year :).

How about you? 

Same here! When did you get your aceptance email? 

I just called to see if they have an update but they have an automated message saying they’re currently not taking calls. I guess I’ll tentatively plan for the date you were notified of until l I can get a hold of someone. Congrats to you! :) I can’t wait for Fall to come around. 

On 3/15/2018 at 3:01 PM, kath18 said:

Same here! When did you get your aceptance email? 

I just called to see if they have an update but they have an automated message saying they’re currently not taking calls. I guess I’ll tentatively plan for the date you were notified of until l I can get a hold of someone. Congrats to you! :) I can’t wait for Fall to come around. 

Congrats to you too!!! I got the acceptance email on 2/26. I turned in my packet on Dec 16. How about you? Did you email the department to see what day is your orientation. On an FB page, a person has her orientation on March 24, but she was accepted to the Advance program. 

2 hours ago, mlopez said:

Congrats to you too!!! I got the acceptance email on 2/26. I turned in my packet on Dec 16. How about you? Did you email the department to see what day is your orientation. On an FB page, a person has her orientation on March 24, but she was accepted to the Advance program. 

I applied in mid November and heard back on 1/29/18. I haven’t emailed yet but will try calling again next week. Good to know there’s an FB Page! I’m going to search for it. Thanks! 

On 2/20/2018 at 9:14 AM, jaw1995 said:

Hi all. I submitted my application at the end of December and got this email on 02/14:

"I am writing to inform you that we have forwarded your application to the graduate department of your intended major for a final review. Departments generally review applications after the program application deadline and make decisions within 4 to 6 weeks after the deadline date."

Hoping to hear back by early March. Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted!

I received the same response after being asked to submit a transcript that hey hadn't received (which they asked for well after the deadline).  It's almost the end of March and I too thought I'd hear back (whether accepted or not) by early March! I'm wondering if admissions asking for my transcript even after the deadline is a good sign?? 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:17 PM, Simplyjay said:

Hello Everyone!

I received an email stating that my application is "pending". Im so worried I won't get in. Anyone else get the same email? It said I can hear back from now up until July!

One of my co workers was accepted in July and started in Aug couple years ago. Dont lose hope.

On February 26, 2018 at 12:55 PM, ktl510 said:

Has anyone heard back who applied close to the deadline? I applied about a week before the application was due and am wondering when I should expect a response. Thanks! :)

Hi,

I turned in my application packet on the last day January 16th. I received an email on March 12 stating that I was admitted. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 8:09 PM, VE1210 said:

Hi,

I turned in my application packet on the last day January 16th. I received an email on March 12 stating that I was admitted. 

Hello and congrats on your acceptance! What program did you get admitted to? :)

I applied for the 2 yr program on 1/12 and still haven't heard back :(