CSULB MSW fall 2018

Dkayleigh

On April 4, 2018 at 3:32 PM, Scarlet893 said:

Hello and congrats on your acceptance! What program did you get admitted to? :)

I applied for the 2 yr program on 1/12 and still haven't heard back :( 

Hi, thanks! I was admitted to the 3 year program. 

On 3/20/2018 at 10:17 PM, Simplyjay said:

Hello Everyone!

I received an email stating that my application is "pending". Im so worried I won't get in. Anyone else get the same email? It said I can hear back from now up until July!

Hey! I received an email that my application is pending too, so you aren’t alone. I hope we hear back before July!!

Edited by TaraMarie

On 4/15/2018 at 6:55 PM, BeckieMSWFall2018 said:

Hello, I was rejected from Long Beach and Dominguez Hills, and just received an email about an interview for Fullerton. 

How about yourself?

Im sorry to hear that. Reading through the forum it seems you are a very good candidate to every program you applied to. Dont lose hope. Good luck with Fullerton. :)

I applied to CSULB and was offered admission.

Hey y'all! I've been hanging out on this page for some months now but haven't posted anything --figured it's probably time. 

I also submitted my application on the deadline and haven't heard anything since February 7th when CSULB confirmed my application had been forwarded to the graduate department. Yesterday, I called to see when we could expect decisions and the woman I spoke with told me that they receive between 65-75% of all of their applications on the date of the deadline and that we can expect to hear back by the end of May since decisions are rolling. She also mentioned that the notification we get from CSULB is automated and doesn't really affect the graduate department's decision timeline. 

I had some back and forth with the department back in Februaryabout my statistics class so it seems like my application went through a preliminary review before being forwarded to what they called "Department Review". 

Just to mention my background since I know that's one of the things I look for when I'm looking at old threads from past years: UCLA undergrad, 3.7 cumulative GPA. I've worked in immigration since I graduated in 2016 and I have various significant and ongoing volunteer experience with domestic violence intervention and prevention, immigrant literacy development, adult literacy development, suicide hotline work, and increasing civic engagement in the immigrant community. 

Hopefully this helps make some people a little less anxious about not hearing back by now! The woman I spoke to sounded a bit exasperated so I'm sure they're getting this question a lot :wacko:

On 4/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, Simplyjay said:

Hello Everyone, 

I was denied admission and I am very bummed. On another note, I was accepted to USC but realistically can't afford it. Good luck to all of you starting this Fall!

Oh no sorry to hear that. I am still pending. Did you received the decision through email for Long Beach?

On 4/26/2018 at 7:19 PM, Simplyjay said:

Yes, I checked my portal and the following day, I received an email

Hi where on the portal did it say you were rejected? I  am sorry to hear that you were not accepted. USC though is a very good school but it is expensive though I have a lot of friends that went there and have worked at non profit agency and after 10 years your debt is forgiveness. also you can apply for CALSWEC. I think USC is a great school to have on a diploma when looking for jobs. 

on the last day 16th of january. i think you can find out if your accepted by going on the student center. thats how i found out. i activated my account sunday. and i saw there they accepted me. i thought it was a mistake but then i recieved a confirmation email today. i got the link to create an accouny from a fafsa email i recieved on sunday. 

Does anyone know what time is the orientation saturday? 

if anyone knows of a place being rented or a room being rented me and my boyfriend are looking for a place near the school. or maybe if anyone wants to get together to rent an apartment or house together that would work too! please let mw know:)

16 hours ago, JENMSW18' said:

on the last day 16th of january. i think you can find out if your accepted by going on the student center. thats how i found out. i activated my account sunday. and i saw there they accepted me. i thought it was a mistake but then i recieved a confirmation email today. i got the link to create an accouny from a fafsa email i recieved on sunday. 

Does anyone know what time is the orientation saturday? 

It starts at 8:30 and will go until 3pm, I believe the last two hours are mostly for 2yr students who need to take care of their internship interviews. Are you part of the 2 or 3 yr program? :)

Thanks! i emailed the lady who was suppose to send me the orientation email and  had forgotten to send it. i recieved the email today with the info. it also said they would have a calswec info session as well. im part of the 2 year program. what about you? whats your concentration? and will you be attending the calswec orientation?

On 5/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, JENMSW18' said:

Thanks! i emailed the lady who was suppose to send me the orientation email and  had forgotten to send it. i recieved the email today with the info. it also said they would have a calswec info session as well. im part of the 2 year program. what about you? whats your concentration? and will you be attending the calswec orientation?

I’m in the 3yr program. I’m not set on a concentration yet. I wish I could do it all, but I know that as the program goes on, I’ll learn what I’ll want to 100% focus on. Yeah I plan to stay for the entire thing! :) 

On 4/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, ktl510 said:

I officially withdrew from CSULB today in order to pursue my degree at SJSU! I hope this opens up a spot for someone!

Congrats on SJSU! I am also going to SJSU, Wondering if you know anything about the internships offered there? Thank you!

On 4/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, ktl510 said:

I officially withdrew from CSULB today in order to pursue my degree at SJSU! I hope this opens up a spot for someone!

I did the same too! Do you happen to know any information about SJSU's financial aid?