Results for 2010?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought some of you might like to know that I called UMD and asked them to defer my admission for a year. :) I'll have to reapply for the assistantship, but oh well.

You GO girl. Did you update the Results Search?

I did. The program is called Justice, Law and Crime Policy (but has changed to Criminology, Law and something), so it probably didn't come up if you searched for the usual suspects (CJ or criminology).

It has a pretty low ranking but that doesn't really concern me. It's pretty heavy on policy and the practical perspective. They have open house March 16, so I'll probably go to D.C. then to check it. I think MSU is my top choice right now, but I'll probably visit the other schools too.

So did you hear back from the MA programs?

I haven't heard *squat* - but that's not cause for alarm as CSULA's deadline was only 3/1, and CSULB's is not until 5/1 (though I submitted my apps well in advance).

Can you believe I'm getting bills from Univ. of Maryland even though I never completed my application?

I haven't heard *squat* - but that's not cause for alarm as CSULA's deadline was only 3/1, and CSULB's is not until 5/1 (though I submitted my apps well in advance).

Can you believe I'm getting bills from Univ. of Maryland even though I never completed my application?

Was that your Irvine post in the results section?

Am I crazy? I just applied to UC Riverside's PhD program in Sociology - they offer an emphasis in Criminology & Sociolegal Studies. I don't relish the idea of living in Riverside, but the program seems strong, and with the current budget crisis in California, applying to only ONE PhD program (i.e., UCI) seemed senseless.

If you made it in by the March 1 deadline, I see no reason not to have applied - have to cover your bases if you really want the degree. Talk about a late deadline for PhD admission for the fall....weird.

Edited by sba2016

Am I crazy? I just applied to UC Riverside's PhD program in Sociology - they offer an emphasis in Criminology & Sociolegal Studies. I don't relish the idea of living in Riverside, but the program seems strong, and with the current budget crisis in California, applying to only ONE PhD program (i.e., UCI) seemed senseless.

Good for you! Best of luck!

If you made it in by the March 1 deadline, I see no reason not to have applied - have to cover your bases if you really want the degree. Talk about a late deadline for PhD admission for the fall....weird.

Right? And they've been known to admit in the Winter, as well, though they do not recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...

No clear indication but from everything that is going on it seems that everything is finalized and they're now strictly dealing with the recruitment weekend etc.

Good to hear nothing came. Given that you're in CA maybe thats a good sign given that if they had mailed something you'd have likely received it. It's not over 'til it's over so hopefully it works out.

Edited by sba2016