I just got an email from Vicki that I have been waitlisted at the University of Alberta as well! 

Sending positive vibes to everyone still waiting for a response and/or on the waiting list. 

43 minutes ago, SLPletsgo said:

Do you guys think Alberta emailed everyone on waitlist already?? Still hoping they will send some more out today... :S

I got the waitlist email from Vicki around 4:30pm (close to the end of the work day), so she might have saved some for today to send out? I’m not sure though :( 

Edited by JJ92

45 minutes ago, SLPletsgo said:

Do you guys think Alberta emailed everyone on waitlist already?? Still hoping they will send some more out today... :S

Last year it looks like someone was added to the waitlist on March 30th, so we may still have a shot! 

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=speech+alberta

1 hour ago, SLPwannabe! said:

I still haven't heard back. Really close to losing hope.

Sorry to be so negative!! But I am really happy for all of those who have gotten in, it is well deserved. 

I'm feeling you :( It's really hard having the first two responses from schools being a rejection... (mcgill and probably alberta).
I know there's still hope for the Ontario schools but I'm just feeling down right now....

3 hours ago, SLPletsgo said:

I'm feeling you :( It's really hard having the first two responses from schools being a rejection... (mcgill and probably alberta).
I know there's still hope for the Ontario schools but I'm just feeling down right now....

I was rejected by four schools last year, and then the last school to contact me was an acceptance letter! Don't give up!

8 hours ago, Salsouqi said:

Guys!

Whats the average acceptance GPA for U of T SLP?

I don't think they explicitly state an average GPA on their website or anywhere, but by the looks of past forums I think the average for U of T is around a 3.8-3.85. I know people who have gotten in there and other places with GPAs lower than this, but it just depends on your SLP volunteer experience as well!

In the waiting list letter that Vicki emailed me, she said that after they decide they forward it straight to FGSR (Grad Studies admin) for processing. It takes time for the FGSR admin to update it. As well, many of the people who did get accepted will have the chance to respond to their offers from April 9 to 27, as stated in the email. I would not be worried too much if Vicki had emailed you. if it does, feel free to ask Vicki or the admin. I’m sure they will be of help to you!

Edited by psycoleinguist

1 hour ago, SLPhopeful123 said:

Hi everyone, 

I was accepted to UofA in February but my application portal still says under review. Is anyone else still waiting for there official acceptance letter? I am starting to worry... 

I would just phone or email them. 

On 3/23/2018 at 1:06 PM, SLPwannabe! said:

I still haven't heard back. Really close to losing hope.

Sorry to be so negative!! But I am really happy for all of those who have gotten in, it is well deserved. 

For people that have not heard anything from UofA should we just assume that we have been rejected? 

14 hours ago, AspiringSpeechie said:

For people that have not heard anything from UofA should we just assume that we have been rejected? 

If you haven't already, it doesn't hurt to call. I haven't had this experience with UofA specifically, but I called McGill re: waitlisting and the admissions officer was able to walk me through the waitlist process. Someone at UofA might be able to help you find out whether they have yet to contact some applicants. Good luck!

On 26/03/2018 at 10:01 PM, AspiringSpeechie said:

Last year I had the same problem, I never got a notice or anything and it was June and I said to someone that I hadn't heard anything. They told me to go check on the portal and then they posted my rejection letter. It was dated April 14th.

I was offered admission from Vicki to U of A on Thursday, and received my Admission Letter on the portal today, so it was way faster than I was anticipating, which was great! For anyone else who has received their Admission Letters, are any of your acceptances conditional based on submitting transcripts? I am currently in an online course through Athabasca University, since I needed a second Stats course to apply to McGill, but since I was accepted to U of A, I was planning to withdraw from the course. My Admission Letter says that my acceptance is conditional on submitting transcripts for coursework from Athabasca though, and I want to make sure that just means they need the transcripts, regardless of whether the course is completed or withdrawn from. Anyone have any experience with this? 

21 minutes ago, slphopeful101 said:

I was offered admission from Vicki to U of A on Thursday, and received my Admission Letter on the portal today, so it was way faster than I was anticipating, which was great! For anyone else who has received their Admission Letters, are any of your acceptances conditional based on submitting transcripts? I am currently in an online course through Athabasca University, since I needed a second Stats course to apply to McGill, but since I was accepted to U of A, I was planning to withdraw from the course. My Admission Letter says that my acceptance is conditional on submitting transcripts for coursework from Athabasca though, and I want to make sure that just means they need the transcripts, regardless of whether the course is completed or withdrawn from. Anyone have any experience with this? 

Nevermind, Vicki was able to help me out! :)

On 2018-03-16 at 11:52 AM, slplesgo said:

Has anyone who was admitted to UofA had a B on their prerequisites? Unfortunately first year slacking caused me to not be the best student. All of my other prereqs are A/A+. I have heard that UofT is an auto rejection if you have a B and was wondering if UofA was the same. 

I had a B in my stats course pre-req!