Accepted to McMaster, rejected from Western, haven't heard back from uOttawa yet. 

Congrats everyone who got in / waitlisted!!!!

To those who didn't don't give up! I'm in my 5th year of undergrad, didn't get in last year. After considering my options after last years rejections, I decided to do an extra year of undergrad. Did a research project, got hired as a research assistant in the lab I volunteered with last summer, got my grades up, and tried again! :) 

19 minutes ago, coffeeaddiction said:

Congragulations!!!! Which school are you thinking of picking if it were between mac and UofT?

I still need to look more into detail at UofT's program, but leaning towards them because its UofT and their program is longer established. Also, more hospital affiliations in Toronto!

Hi there!

I am a first-time applicant but long time lurker.

First off, just wanted to say congrats to everyone on the acceptances! I too received an acceptance from Western and Mac. A question for the other people that got accepted at Mac... did your ORPAS update or did you only receive an email? I only received an email with an acceptance letter and I am wondering if that's normal because in the email they reference ORPAS when discussing how to accept the offer. 

Thanks!!

I am also a first time applicant, and I've been scrolling through SLP forum posts for over a year!

I got accepted to McMaster, rejected by Western and haven't hear yet from UofT(which I'm guessing isn't good!)

So, my decision should be pretty easy! Anyone else going to Mac, feel free to message me. 

Congrats to all who we're accepted, you have worked hard and you deserve this!

Hey guys!! A little story time over here. This is my SECOND time applying after last year getting two waitlists. I took a gap year in between and I won't lie it's been hard to hold out. But let me tell you to anyone that's in a similar situation now. It'll work out. I just got an offer at u of t and a waitlist at western. I also have a waitlist at dal. My subgpa is a 3.66. It's possible, don't give up, boost your application with amazing reference letters, a refined letter of intent, and tons of speech hours in a variety of places/demographics. YOU CAN DO IT TOO! I'm so excited for this adventure.

So I was accepted to Western and McMaster last night, but no response at all from U of T. Has anyone else not heard back? Or has anyone been rejected or waitlisted for U of T? 

Hey everyone! 

I also got accepted to Western last night as well (only one I applied for), has anyone submitted on ORPAS their acceptances yet? When I did mine it took me to the application review page again (like the final look over) and then told me i had to pay $0 and that it would be processed in 1-3 business days... is this normal? it looked strange to me?

Hey everyone! I also got accepted to U of T and Western, but have already accepted McGill so that should open up some waitlist spots for the Ontario schools :) in regards to U of T, the acceptance is JUST on ORPAS (at least for me); I haven't received an email yet but it said I was offered admission on ORPAS. Maybe their official emails are later? I don't see a letter so that's kind of strange, but I'm assuming they update ORPAS first. Congrats everyone on your acceptances/waitlists, and don't be discouraged if this wasn't your year! 

I have been accepted to McMaster, waitlisted at Western, and have yet to hear anything from Toronto.

I have nothing showing on ORPAS in terms of my McMaster acceptance, is everyone else accepted to Mac experiencing the same thing? 

10 minutes ago, SED-SLP said:

I have been accepted to McMaster, waitlisted at Western, and have yet to hear anything from Toronto.

I have nothing showing on ORPAS in terms of my McMaster acceptance, is everyone else accepted to Mac experiencing the same thing? 

Yes, got the email acceptance, but nothing on ORPAS yet!

44 minutes ago, SVC5079 said:

Yes, got the email acceptance, but nothing on ORPAS yet!

46 minutes ago, Anotherhopeful said:

I also am accepted at McMaster, but don't see anything yet on orpas either as of yet.

Same with me for McMaster - nothing on ORPAS. I can now see my acceptance in MOSAIC online Student Centre though. 

I'm really leaning towards Mac! Hope to see some of you there :)

Hi everyone! 

First of all, congrats to everyone that was accepted! Would those of you who were accepted to U of T and Western mind sharing your GPAs with me? Just so I have a good idea of where I should roughly try be next year. 

Edited by Logjess

8 minutes ago, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

First of all, congrats to everyone that was accepted! Would those of you who were accepted to U of T and Western mind sharing your GPAs with me? Just so I have a good idea of where I should roughly try be next year. 

Hey, 

So I received an acceptance from Western and was wait-listed at UofT. My average was a 3.57 when I applied with a Cgpa of 3.48! When they say marks aren't the most important thing they mean it! As long as your marks are "good" have a strong set of volunteering and you'll be okay :) 

19 minutes ago, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

Hi! I received acceptances to both, my cGPA was 3.78 and sGPA was 3.88. But I agree, it's more about how you can augment your app with volunteer ex, work ex, and strong references!

Edited by peachyspeechie

13 minutes ago, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

I had a cumulative GPA of 3.83 and a subGPA of 3.89 and was accepted at both Western and Toronto. I know people who have been accepted with GPAs that are quite a bit lower than that though who had great volunteer experience so they definitely look at a combination of both!

43 minutes ago, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

Hello!

Thank you! I didn't apply to uoft but I received an offer from Western. I was also wait listed at University of Alberta, Dalhousie and Fredonia (school in Buffalo).

My gpa was a 3.63, I had around 250 hours of volunteering and research experience working in two different labs (in my BSc we have the option to take lab courses where you spend the term working in a lab). I also worked very hard on my letter of intent, getting friends and my supervisors to help me out.

Even if you don't have a super high avg there is definitely hope!! Work on the other parts of your application :) 

1 hour ago, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

Hi! I got accepted to U of T, didn't apply to Western. My gpa was 3.77 but my sub gpa was 3.89. I had about 200 hours of volunteering in Speech settings, about 250 hours doing language-related research, and another 400 or so hours working with children and adults in various settings.