17 hours ago, lufa said:

Hi guys! Does anyone have any idea of how many people are on ottawa's waitlist? They don't put any info (except to not contact them under any circumstances) but maybe someone knows something!
thanks!

Hey! I am actually in the same boat.. waitlisted for Ottawa and really hoping to get in. I can't find any information on how many people they have on the waiting list. I guess we just need to wait it out.

On April 3, 2018 at 10:10 AM, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

First of all, congrats to everyone that was accepted! Would those of you who were accepted to U of T and Western mind sharing your GPAs with me? Just so I have a good idea of where I should roughly try be next year. 

I was accepted to both Uoft and Western. Here's my stats:

subGPA: 3.76          CGPA: 3.3        Volunteer Hours: ~200  (various locations)       Strong Prof references and I think a decent SLP reference      80 or above in all prereqs

Good luck with your application next year !

Hey guys! 

Congrats to everyone who got in/waitlisted!

I got rejected from UofT, Mac and waitlisted at Western (omg there's still a chance! Holding on to the hope!)

I'm thinking my subGPA is pretty low (3.67)  and I'll probably take some courses to bump it up if I don't get off the waitlist this year. I think my references are strong and I have over 2000 hours in speech/language related services (volunteer and work) + 3 years of teaching (OCT). Feeling a bit down, but at the same time I think I'm pretty close. If not this year, then it'll be the next!

Edited by 8SLP8

Congrats to everyone that got accepted/waitlisted!!

I only applied to McMasters and UofT and didn't get into any but not gonna let that discourage me and am gonna apply again next year!! I was talking to one of my profs (who is also an SLP) and she said that the universities tend to prefer applicants who are applying for their 2nd time because it shows how committed to SLP you are so I am hoping that that gives me a (slight) advantage for next year. My GPA was 3.55 (will be improved for next year!) and subGPA 3.78 and I have about 100 volunteer hours (will also be improved). I figured my application wasn't the strongest but I thought what the hell why not try lol. Now I know what I have to do for next years application!

4 hours ago, 8SLP8 said:

Hey guys! 

Congrats to everyone who got in/waitlisted!

I got rejected from UofT, Mac and waitlisted at Western (omg there's still a chance! Holding on to the hope!)

I'm thinking my subGPA is pretty low (3.67)  and I'll probably take some courses to bump it up if I don't get off the waitlist this year. I think my references are strong and I have over 2000 hours in speech/language related services (volunteer and work) + 3 years of teaching (OCT). Feeling a bit down, but at the same time I think I'm pretty close. If not this year, then it'll be the next!

I will be rejecting my acceptance to Western so hopefully, that opens the spot for you! You have the right attitude though, keep going for it! it took me three years to get an acceptance. You got this !

On 4/3/2018 at 10:10 AM, Logjess said:

Hi everyone! 

First of all, congrats to everyone that was accepted! Would those of you who were accepted to U of T and Western mind sharing your GPAs with me? Just so I have a good idea of where I should roughly try be next year. 

Hi there,

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but I thought I would throw my info in too!

I have an overall GPA of 3.83, as well as a cGPA of 3.83.

Despite my relatively good GPA, I was rejected at both Western and UofT (accepted at McMaster though!!). I have no reason to believe that my reference letters were bad, but I did only have about 40 volunteer hours with an SLP. So, while grades are important for sure, there are people who were accepted with lower GPA than me, but who had fantastic volunteer experience.

So in addition to a good GPA, definitely make sure you are submitting a well-rounded application!

Good luck with your application next year!

2 hours ago, Hoosnan770 said:

Will be accepting UofT and rejecting Mac, hopefully that opens up spots for those on the waitlist! Anyone else going to UofT let me know!!! Congrats everyone. 

I accepted my offer to UofT! Will you be going to the open house?

2 hours ago, SLPdreamer1996 said:

Does anybody know the tuition fee for UofT? I was able to find the specific price for Fall-Winter, but not summer!

I've been looking for the tuition fees for UofT as well but I wasn't able to find any information. Where did you find the price for Fall-Winter? Thanks! 

50 minutes ago, HappyReader said:

I've been looking for the tuition fees for UofT as well but I wasn't able to find any information. Where did you find the price for Fall-Winter? Thanks! 

Hey! I actually typed 'fee calculator' on google :)

20 hours ago, Hoosnan770 said:

Will be accepting UofT and rejecting Mac, hopefully that opens up spots for those on the waitlist! Anyone else going to UofT let me know!!! Congrats everyone. 

Hey, congratulations! I accepted my offer to U of T as well! Had to turn down my offer to Western so hopefully that opens up a spot for someone on the waitlist there. Does anyone have suggestions for student-friendly neighbourhoods in Toronto? West coast gal here. Haha. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted so far and good luck to those still waiting to hear!

On 4/8/2018 at 7:29 PM, HappyReader said:

I'll be going to the morning session! 

I’m also wondering if anyone has heard from the waitlist at the U of A?

I was creeping some older forums and it seems like there was more movement in the first two weeks of April for Dal and U of A waitlists.

5 hours ago, Slp2018j said:

Hey there! Has anyone gotten off the waitlist from Dalhousie yet? If not, when should we expect Dalhousie to start sending out emails?

Also, a big congratulations to all those who got accepted!!

Hey, I rejected Dal by the deadline (Apr 7) and I received an automatic e-mail response saying they will be out of the office until the 14th. So, hopefully waitlisters will start getting emails then :)

Edited by SLPwug