On 1/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, HopefulSpeechie2018 said:

They said they receive applications on a "rolling" basis, not all at once, and they just received mine on the 11th so I should be getting the email with my ID within the next week. Hope this helps anyone else in the same position as I was! 

What email did you use, this one: (slp.admissions@utoronto.ca)? I applied in December 2017 so I am a bit confused on why I haven't received any updated from UofT!

13 hours ago, SLPdreamer1996 said:

What email did you use, this one: (slp.admissions@utoronto.ca)? I applied in December 2017 so I am a bit confused on why I haven't received any updated from UofT!

I called this phone number (416) 978-6614 and explained the situation. All they required was my OUAC reference number, name, and birthday and they were able to tell me that they have received my application and should be receiving email confirmation this week. 

6 hours ago, HopefulSpeechie2018 said:

I called this phone number (416) 978-6614 and explained the situation. All they required was my OUAC reference number, name, and birthday and they were able to tell me that they have received my application and should be receiving email confirmation this week. 

I received an email from Sarah (the admission coordinator) and she told me they received my application but there is no portal (if I needed I had any more questions, I should contact OPRAS directly). So I am a bit confused in terms what specific portal is their for UofT?

9 minutes ago, SLPdreamer1996 said:

I received an email from Sarah (the admission coordinator) and she told me they received my application but there is no portal (if I needed I had any more questions, I should contact OPRAS directly). So I am a bit confused in terms what specific portal is their for UofT?

Hmm, yeah I'm a bit confused as well. I still haven't received the email that they said I would but I will let you know if I do and if there is any sort of student ID or portal provided. I feel much better just knowing they received my application though!

On 2/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, HopefulSpeechie2018 said:

Hmm, yeah I'm a bit confused as well. I still haven't received the email that they said I would but I will let you know if I do and if there is any sort of student ID or portal provided. I feel much better just knowing they received my application though!

For sure, let me know if you get an email from UofT (I'll let you know if I hear something from them too!)

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎28 at 1:50 PM, lovetolearn said:

anybody know the stats of people who got accepted into U of A SLP last year?

did anybody get in who had pre-requisites in progress before the application deadline?

Hey Lovetolearn,

I can't speak for the rest of my class but my sGPA was around 3.75. I know we had people come into the program straight out of their undergrad, so there were probably people with pre-reqs that were still in progress.

Good luck!

14 minutes ago, SLPlease? said:

Hey Lovetolearn,

I can't speak for the rest of my class but my sGPA was around 3.75. I know we had people come into the program straight out of their undergrad, so there were probably people with pre-reqs that were still in progress.

Good luck!

that is great to hear thanks for sharing:) I have been told not having completed all the pre-reqs prior to the application deadline is a big disadvantage on my application but I am hoping that it wont make or break whether I get an offer!

On 2/1/2018 at 5:07 PM, HopefulSpeechie2018 said:

Hey HopefulSpeechie2018, did you get the email from UofT by any chance? Thanks :)

On 1/28/2018 at 12:50 PM, 112233 said:

anybody know the stats of people who got accepted into U of A SLP last year?

did anybody get in who had pre-requisites in progress before the application deadline?

I graduated from U of A (in my first year of working) and I know that they unfortunately do prefer your pre-reqs to be finished before the application deadline. They won't disqualify you are anything for having a pre-req in progress, but if comparing you directly to an applicant with similar stats, the applicant with all their pre-reqs finished will be preferred :( I remember feeling really angry when I found this out because it's not explicitly stated on their website. Didn't matter for me, as I just happened to finish my pre-reqs before the application, but that's not really fair to leave out IMO. 

On 2/17/2018 at 3:31 PM, esull said:

I graduated from U of A (in my first year of working) and I know that they unfortunately do prefer your pre-reqs to be finished before the application deadline. They won't disqualify you are anything for having a pre-req in progress, but if comparing you directly to an applicant with similar stats, the applicant with all their pre-reqs finished will be preferred :( I remember feeling really angry when I found this out because it's not explicitly stated on their website. Didn't matter for me, as I just happened to finish my pre-reqs before the application, but that's not really fair to leave out IMO. 

ah yes that is really too bad! i have heard this now from several people which is a little discouraging :( but i still got my fingers crossed!

how was your experience in the program? 

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting on here but I have been reading and following for quite some time now.  I thought I would just let everyone know that I received an offer of admission to the University of Alberta from Vicki Trombley.  She mentioned that the official letter will be sent through the Applicant Portal for me to accept or decline from there.

Has anyone else received this same message? I am soo excited and am looking forward to seeing if I get accepted at the other schools I applied to.  Best of luck everyone :)

Hi guys,

I also got an offer of admission from U of A today. For some reason, it says I am not authorized to log into the Applicant Portal. Does anyone else have this issue? I was shaking because it came so early and I didn't think I would get in this year. Good luck to everyone!!! :)

5 hours ago, caitlouie said:

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting on here but I have been reading and following for quite some time now.  I thought I would just let everyone know that I received an offer of admission to the University of Alberta from Vicki Trombley.  She mentioned that the official letter will be sent through the Applicant Portal for me to accept or decline from there.

Has anyone else received this same message? I am soo excited and am looking forward to seeing if I get accepted at the other schools I applied to.  Best of luck everyone :)

I got one too!

@caitlouie @kshelton Congrats!!! I finally got into the Applicant Portal by using my email address instead of my CCID, thank you! I was very confused and called Vicki to confirm. U of A is my first choice so I will most likely be accepting but I'm also waiting to hear back from Dalhousie. It would be awesome if we all ended up in the same cohort! :)

For those people panicking about not hearing from the U of A: 

1. Make sure you're checking your ualberta email address if they gave you one (I don't know if they did since I did undergrad there so I had one already).

2. One of my friends who is in second year SLP at the U of A said that the majority of his cohort received acceptance in late March. So you still have an entire month!