Fall 2018

Ken5566

1 hour ago, badartist said:

Has UC Berkeley started sending rejection letters yet?

NO. I just want to be rejected already!!!! Lmao. The only school I haven’t heard anything from and even though I know it’s a rejection at this point, I just want to be acknowledged! ??

Would love to hear from anyone who got admitted to the university of Toronto's art history MA. I got admitted mid Feb and currently completing my undergrad there :lol:  However I am still waiting to hear from Williams and Columbia! Williams is my top choice so the waiting game continues ..

2 hours ago, FreakingOutFragonard said:

I noticed there were some results from the NYU PhD posted over a week ago. Has anyone else not heard a peep from them? If so are we waitlisted or just forgotten lol.

Yeap, same situation here. Got really excited about hearing ANYTHING at all at this point after those post, but it has been eerily silent. Alas, I don’t know if that means we are still being considered or that they just haven’t gotten around to sending out rejections...

18 hours ago, texasod said:

Does anyone know when Pitt’s visit days are for admitted students?

I was invited to visit HAA at Pitt, and the department let me plan the dates of my visit, so as far as I'm aware, Pitt doesn't have designated visit days for admitted students. I was notified of my acceptance during the second week of February, and I visited their program at the end of last month, if that helps!

On 3/14/2018 at 1:37 AM, RegtheVeg said:

Yeap, same situation here. Got really excited about hearing ANYTHING at all at this point after those post, but it has been eerily silent. Alas, I don’t know if that means we are still being considered or that they just haven’t gotten around to sending out rejections...

On 3/14/2018 at 9:04 AM, texasod said:

@FreakingOutFragonard I also have heard nothing from NYU! But then again, I haven’t heard anything from 9 out of 10 of the schools I have applied to :/

On 3/13/2018 at 11:20 PM, FreakingOutFragonard said:

I noticed there were some results from the NYU PhD posted over a week ago. Has anyone else not heard a peep from them? If so are we waitlisted or just forgotten lol.

I am wondering if perhaps we are the ones being considered for the MA, rather than the PhD??  Also, there's still the possibility of being waitlisted. Seems like a lot of PhD admits went out already, and some rejections. My assumption is that we are still in the running!

50 minutes ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

I am wondering if perhaps we are the ones being considered for the MA, rather than the PhD??  Also, there's still the possibility of being waitlisted. Seems like a lot of PhD admits went out already, and some rejections. My assumption is that we are still in the running!

Hey, I was one of the accepted students. I had written before to the assistant who arranged the interviews before I got the acceptance and she said that PhD acceptances were being sent out on a rolling basis and that they were aiming to send them all out by mid-March. So it's very possible you're still in the running!

4 hours ago, pentimentos said:

Hey, I was one of the accepted students. I had written before to the assistant who arranged the interviews before I got the acceptance and she said that PhD acceptances were being sent out on a rolling basis and that they were aiming to send them all out by mid-March. So it's very possible you're still in the running!

Awesome, thank you for the info! Do you happen to have any idea if interviews are standard for all admits or if interviews go out on a rolling basis as well? 

5 hours ago, grain of salt said:

any news on this?

Not sure if you are asking about MA or PhD, but I was notified via email I was in a high waitlist position for the SMArchS HTC MA. The last date for admitted students to accept is April 1st, so it sounds like all acceptances have gone out by now. 

4 hours ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

Awesome, thank you for the info! Do you happen to have any idea if interviews are standard for all admits or if interviews go out on a rolling basis as well? 

I can't say with certainty, but I interviewed in person and it seemed to me like they were trying to do all the interviews within a period of a few days; both in-person and Skype interviews were with the entire committee (6 people) and it seemed that everyone had arranged their schedules to fit a couple long days of interviews in. 

But, like I said - I don't know this for a fact!

17 hours ago, ReichenbachFalls said:

I think what it likely means is that they have notified their first choices for admission and we are likely on somewhat of an unofficial waitlist until they have a sense of whether they will want to extend acceptances to additional candidates in order to fill their spots. In contacting other programs, that is basically what I have been told. It may be in some cases that applications have also been referred to MA programs for consideration, but I already have an MA so at least for me that’s not the case.

Another MIT applicant here—a little disappointed that they haven't gotten back to us even if we are getting rejections. Finding comfort in the fact that the competition was probably insane!

For anyone waiting on williams and columbia I emailed them both- got a rejection from williams and was told i am waitlisted at columbia. oh well at least now I know! 

Edited by renoir.girl

On 3/16/2018 at 5:35 AM, knytt said:

Not sure if you are asking about MA or PhD, but I was notified via email I was in a high waitlist position for the SMArchS HTC MA. The last date for admitted students to accept is April 1st, so it sounds like all acceptances have gone out by now. 

Was this note about "last date to accept is April 1" in the email you received? Because the website says, for both MA and PhD in HTC, that applicants will be notified by April 1. So, it looks like we will hopefully at least hear news in the next week 1/2?

3 hours ago, grain of salt said:

Was this note about "last date to accept is April 1" in the email you received? Because the website says, for both MA and PhD in HTC, that applicants will be notified by April 1. So, it looks like we will hopefully at least hear news in the next week 1/2?

Yes, in the email I received from a department member, the terminal date for admitted candidates to accept is the start of April. But perhaps they are mistaken – where on the MIT Arch website did you see the notification date as April 1?

Edited by knytt

8 hours ago, knytt said:

Yes, in the email I received from a department member, the terminal date for admitted candidates to accept is the start of April. But perhaps they are mistaken – where on the MIT Arch website did you see the notification date as April 1?

At the very bottom of the admissions guidelines page. 

On 3/16/2018 at 2:53 PM, sheshekabob said:

Has anyone heard from Tulane yet? One acceptance was reported a few weeks ago but it’s been crickets since then.

I applied for an MA and I haven't heard anyting either.