Northwestern

Mornington

Another acceptance has shown up on GC, and none in my inbox. I am beginning to worry that time to hear from Northwestern is running out... I hope chicunomics has wended (?) his way to this forum to (hopefully) dispel my fears.

PS. Congratulations to those admitted!

Have any of the people that had kellogg interviews heard anything?!?!

Another acceptance has shown up on GC, and none in my inbox. I am beginning to worry that time to hear from Northwestern is running out... I hope chicunomics has wended (?) his way to this forum to (hopefully) dispel my fears.

PS. Congratulations to those admitted!

you can check the app website. I found out my decision through there.

I got an admissions email from Northwestern on Friday and there is still no decision posted on the app website for me... so at the very least, this isn't happening for everyone.

I emailed Northwestern to confirm and it seems that they either forgot to send me the email or I just never received it for some reason. Btw, are you going to attend the flyout?

I emailed Northwestern to confirm and it seems that they either forgot to send me the email or I just never received it for some reason. Btw, are you going to attend the flyout?

I am in the same situation as you. I didn't receive an email, but I have been accepted on the website with no word on funding. What do you think I should do? Email them?

PS Do you know about funding yet?

Edited by jacob

For those who haven't heard anything yet: historically, Northwestern enters decisions over the course of the week, and their computer system refreshes each night at midnight (CST) to incorporate any decisions that they have rendered. The quickest way to be notified of your decision is to check their website each night just after midnight. As I recall, email notification sometimes does not come out for some time afterward.

I am in the same situation as you. I didn't receive an email, but I have been accepted on the website with no word on funding. What do you think I should do? Email them?

PS Do you know about funding yet?

Yep I know the funding. Just email m-thomas@northwestern.edu and ask them to email you all the information again (say your name and app id). she replied to me really quickly

I tried checking my application's status thru the ask.northwestern.edu portal, but got "The system is unable to locate your application using the information you entered. Please verify your application number and e-mail address and try again." The applyyourself.com page clearly says "Submitted", so does anyone know if this means they haven't decided yet, or if there is some issue with my application itself?

brislatt - I'd say call the dept. if you think there might be a problem with the app. At this point, it probably won't make any difference, but at the end of the process if you're rejected, you'd rather know it was a result of the adcom's decision and not a problem w/ your application.

scr660 - I'm in your boat. While probability of admit has obviously decreased, we don't know anything yet. I think there's still a decent chance that NWU's not done (remember, we haven't seen any waitlists), and at the very least there's not enough evidence to jump to conclusions. Just refresh applyyourself every night at 12:00:00 CST, and if you don't have an answer, try not to think about it for the next 23:59:59.

here's to the end of my lurking days. good luck to all.

DG

No acceptance or rejection for me yet. Maybe there is still some hope, perhaps a waitlist spot?

On a related note, my Columbia status finally changed to "Complete" and the "At Department" field changed to "Yes". Hopefully, the decisions will be out soon.

Edited by MicroIOGuy