Fall 2018 Admission

PhD_hopeful_

On 13/02/2018 at 10:35 PM, HistoricScout said:

I don’t know if this helps, but I applied to Kansas State’s history PhD program and I received an acceptance email last Friday. So, decisions are slowly going out which is good. 

Thank you so much for the piece of information.

It does help calm my nerves a bit.

On 2/10/2018 at 12:48 PM, ProfONE said:

Please, anyone heard update from Kansas State University, University of Rochester and Florida International University PhD Biology program.

I also applied to two of those universities but for their Microbiology PhD programs. I received a no from U of Rochester at the end of January and I have yet to hear from Kansas State University. Best of luck!

10 hours ago, Bacteria_Guy_95 said:

I also applied to two of those universities but for their Microbiology PhD programs. I received a no from U of Rochester at the end of January and I have yet to hear from Kansas State University. Best of luck!

@Bacteria_Guy_95 Thank you for your response. Oh Sorry about UR. My application for both schools are Biology PhD program. Best of luck with Kansas State University, its one of my top choice although behind UR. About a forthright ago, I was informed by the program director at UR that no decision has been made yet. Hopefully, before the end of next week, decisions will come through. 

Thank you.

Has anyone heard from the History program at KU? Thought my chances were OK, but I'm starting to get a little nervous this late in February. Hitting that point where I'm just constantly refreshing the results page.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 2:18 AM, sushovan said:

Has anyone heard back about funding in Mechanical engineering program (PhD) at CU Boulder?

If you have gotten accepted, they generally offer a 1 year TA position to give you time to find an advisor and/or funding. Visit weekend was 2 weeks ago, but I think they might offer more acceptances as people accept/decline

5 hours ago, zlee406 said:

If you have gotten accepted, they generally offer a 1 year TA position to give you time to find an advisor and/or funding. Visit weekend was 2 weeks ago, but I think they might offer more acceptances as people accept/decline

Thank you for the information. I was informed about my admission in January and had my skype interview in the first week of February. The committee said they will send out decisions by mid March. I guess I'm just being impatient.

I am dying with the waiting. I just heard from UH biology that decisions and offers are starting to go out after their spring break. 

I’ve had no info from Wash State Vancouver or UT Knoxville. 

My prof at K State said they’re waiting on the committee in Bio Division to send out offers. 

Got a no from UW Madison a week or so ago. 

So the wait continues. 

12 hours ago, sushovan said:

Thank you for the information. I was informed about my admission in January and had my skype interview in the first week of February. The committee said they will send out decisions by mid March. I guess I'm just being impatient.

I actually just got my funding offer today so it should be soon.

I'm waiting to hear from one grad program, three post-baccalaureate programs, and one department about funding. I'm also trying not to stress out about whether a school would rescind their offer of admission for a slight drop in GPA (I'm talking 0.02-0.03) because they said I have to maintain my cumulative GPA or increase it. 

11 hours ago, Venomeadow said:

I am dying with the waiting. I just heard from UH biology that decisions and offers are starting to go out after their spring break. 

I’ve had no info from Wash State Vancouver or UT Knoxville. 

My prof at K State said they’re waiting on the committee in Bio Division to send out offers. 

Got a no from UW Madison a week or so ago. 

So the wait continues. 

@Venomeadow Please, did you apply for MS or PhD Biology at KState? What's your track? I'm also waiting for the decision from KState. My track is GCDB! This waiting can be frustrating!

Hi all,

I am an international applicant. Got admitted into UFlorida for M.Sc Chem Engr. I was hoping for full funding but only got an Achievement Award for New Graduates worth $4500 Which is small. I don't know which other option I can use to get funding,  Pls I need advice house on how to go about it.