2018 Ford Predoctoral Fellowship

EngineerAlvara

2 hours ago, kpietromica said:

So I don’t recall seeing anything about pre-doctoral verification? Did I totally miss something super important?

I think that this only matters if you're currently in grad school. I'm a senior in undergrad and I only had to submit an official transcript and LORs before the supplemental deadline. 

2 hours ago, devbioboy said:

I think that this only matters if you're currently in grad school. I'm a senior in undergrad and I only had to submit an official transcript and LORs before the supplemental deadline. 

That’s what I had thought as I’m also a graduating senior, but I panicked for a second and doubted myself. 

Thank you @devbioboy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I don't usually talk on any forums but waiting to hear back about this fellowship makes me anxious. I wrote my heart out on those essays but have to keep reminding myself that 1000+ other students did the same. Does anyone know how many actually applied? Not that knowing that number will make me feel any better -_-

Does anyone else think the formatting instructions were a little strange? They asked for our document margins to be 1" on top/bottom and 0.5" on left/right. I kept second guessing myself throughout the submission process.

23 hours ago, csot said:

Does anyone else think the formatting instructions were a little strange? They asked for our document margins to be 1" on top/bottom and 0.5" on left/right. I kept second guessing myself throughout the submission process.

Definitely weird. I set it .5" all around last year on accident and had it rejected off the bat for incorrect formatting, no chance for appeal.

8 hours ago, prospective_ecology said:

Definitely weird. I set it .5" all around last year on accident and had it rejected off the bat for incorrect formatting, no chance for appeal.

I'm sorry. That's so frustrating. I hope that this year, things turn out more favorably.

2 hours ago, csot said:

Has anyone heard anything about when we'll start hearing back? I feel like I refresh my email inbox and application portal at least 10 times a day.

Nothing yet for me. Last year I got the honorable mention/alternate email on March 21st. 

On the website homepage, it says "late March." I think we've officially hit the mid-way part of the month. At least the longest we'll have to wait is 16 more days! We've waited almost 2 months already so we can do it!

3 hours ago, devbioboy said:

On the website homepage, it says "late March." I think we've officially hit the mid-way part of the month. At least the longest we'll have to wait is 16 more days! We've waited almost 2 months already so we can do it!

I like the positive spirit, this helps

23 hours ago, zugunruhe1 said:

Nothing yet for me. Last year I got the honorable mention/alternate email on March 21st. 

Gotcha. Hopefully this means that we'll start hearing back next week.

21 hours ago, devbioboy said:

You're right. I need to learn how to be more patient and optimistic like you. Thanks for keeping our spirits up. :)

4 hours ago, Sasha Genius said:

Nothing yet--last year was the 22nd; in some years it was as late as the first week of April.  Good luck everyone!  

You're right. Although, I don't think it will be as late as April since the Ford website says we'll hear back by the end of March. Over the past few years, winners have been notified on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. So, this is just pure speculation, but if we don't start hearing back tomorrow, I figure we'll find out next week.

Also, to help add to our collective anxiety, in the past the announcements have come in early in the morning. So if you don't see an email first thing in the morning, you probably won't get an email later in the day.

Good luck everyone! This is my third and last time applying... XD

Haven't heard anything, rejection or otherwise. I have next year to re-apply but I've already had 2 apps rejected so feeling salty :lol: Regardless of how it turns out I'm having a white Russian or some wine!

16 minutes ago, 8BitJourney said:

Haven't heard anything, rejection or otherwise. I have next year to re-apply but I've already had 2 apps rejected so feeling salty :lol: Regardless of how it turns out I'm having a white Russian or some wine!

I also have next year, but a white Russian sounds fantastic! 

I emailed them to ask when we can expect to start hearing back, but they were vague and just said that we'd be notified by the end of the month. Same information that we already had. :(