2018 Ford Predoctoral Fellowship

EngineerAlvara

1 hour ago, 8BitJourney said:

So I don't want to rain on parades but I remember having access to this before (like a month or so ago) and it would take me to my application. So I'm not sure what that could mean.

yeah, i've been seeing the ford 2.0 module for a month or so now... it's off and on though - i saw it on my phone a few minutes ago but when i logged on on my laptop just now it didn't say anything about the 2.0 module. i think it was like this before though.

17 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

I too noticed that when I first sign in I now see the "applicant module." I also noticed when I sign off that for a split second I see this little "status" box. Not at all sure what this means -- if anything.

Screenshot_Ford.png

i just noticed this too a few minutes ago. mine also says OK

18 minutes ago, materials_girl said:

This may be the first time I've ever commented on a forum- but I can't believe how crazy I'm going waiting to hear back. I feel my chances are slim because I have no publications to my name (like I've noticed is the case for a lot of past winners), but I would like them to pull the trigger already. sheesh

Haha I've never used forums until now but I do think this thread is calming my nerves a bit. Did someone say by FRIDAY?? I was really hoping to rip this bandaid off tomorrow.

I feel like it's very strategic and unfortunate if they wait until Friday to get the results out. If they get an influx of emails or calls with questions about our award status or reviewer comments (which I'm sure they will), then it's possible that they won't respond to us until the following Monday. :/ 

I accidentally went to the 2017 thread instead of this one and saw posts (from what would have been a few days ago) from people saying that they got the fellowship. The 20 minutes between then and now were not the greatest. It's when I have moments like this one that I worry for the future of educational research.

50 minutes ago, olives2sea said:

Sheesh! Longest week EVER! Going nuts googling everything with Ford predoctoral in it and rereading this thread again to find solace. Thanks for updates! 

i'm googling all over the place too lol. i'm reading old Ford fellowship threads and figuring out any possible tricks... it's ruining me tbh

Edited by blvck_glitter__

2 hours ago, blvck_glitter__ said:

i'm googling all over the place too lol. i'm reading old Ford fellowship threads and figuring out any possible tricks... it's ruining me tbh

Don't worry. You're not alone. I've gone on old GradCafe threads, the academic jobs wiki, Reddit, College Confidential, Twitter, etc. :lol:

9 minutes ago, MadameDreamer8 said:

Since it's impossible to know anything at this point, I reached out to the tarot cards online for a "yes" or a "no." I got a "no," but not accepting a "no" for an answer played again and got a "yes." I guess it's a 50/50 chance still haha :lol:

I had a dream that I got flat out rejected, and in a subsequent one, I got Honorable Mention.