Gates Cambridge 2018-2019

Russ1313

I figured I would create a GC 2018-2019 forum, as was created last year for the 2017-2018 cycle. Feel free to update with any notifications/decision admissions.

I am a US applicant, applying for an MPhil in African Studies.

For anyone on here from US, when is typical department admission timeline / GC notification of shortlisting?

Wish you each much success!

4 hours ago, ramsrising said:

Hi everyone! Happy to see there's a thread for this :) I've applied for an MPhil in Education. Has anyone heard back from their departments/Cambridge yet regarding admission into the school?

Hey! Haven't heard a thing yet! Patiently waiting. Should be sometime Mid November hopefully :)

15 minutes ago, endoxifen said:

I applied for an MPhil in Epidemiology and I received an interview invitation today. I'm from the US, it will be held over Skype next week.

Congratulations! I had a friend who was accepted into Epidemiology, no interview though, different this cycle I guess. 

8 minutes ago, Russ1313 said:

Congratulations! I had a friend who was accepted into Epidemiology, no interview though, different this cycle I guess. 

Thanks! Yeah, I honestly don't know how to interpret the lack of an interview for some students. It could mean increased interest in my application, it could indicate concern that they want to assuage, it could also just mean that, this early in the cycle, they want to ensure they they're giving the space to the right person. It could also just be a change in policy. I have no idea. Anyway, I hope it will go well!

Edited by endoxifen

5 minutes ago, ramsrising said:

I assume it means increased interest! I was interviewed this week for my MPhil via Skype. A few days later,  I was recommended for admission into the school by the department. Still waiting to hear back with official confirmation, though. Best of luck! I'm sure it's a good sign!

Congratulations! I hope you're right and everything works out as well for me! 

37 minutes ago, ramsrising said:

I assume it means increased interest! I was interviewed this week for my MPhil via Skype. A few days later,  I was recommended for admission into the school by the department. Still waiting to hear back with official confirmation, though. Best of luck! I'm sure it's a good sign!

Congratulations!!! 

About interviews, did you know your department offers them? Can I find that information on the "How to Apply" section? 

Edited by Russ1313

5 hours ago, ramsrising said:

Just curious  - what colleges did you all apply to? :rolleyes:

I applied to Churchill and Kings. I applied to Churchill because of the scholarship and I applied to Kings because they seem to have a lot of money for graduate students and their campus is amazing. 

On 11/4/2017 at 10:26 AM, Russ1313 said:

Just to ask again, about interviews, how did you know your department offers them? Can I find that information on the "How to Apply" section? 

Hey! I'm actually not quite sure! It might depend on the department. The Program Coordinator emailed me early last week requesting an interview and that's how I found out! 

11 hours ago, ramsrising said:

Hey! I'm actually not quite sure! It might depend on the department. The Program Coordinator emailed me early last week requesting an interview and that's how I found out! 

Awesome, thanks! Please update us on how the interview goes. Praying for you.