Russ1313

Gates Cambridge 2018-2019

Recommended Posts

Happy to have found this thread!! I'm an international applicant (from Canada) so am not expecting to hear back either way for a few months yet. I'm also still at the "under review by department" stage, so anxiously awaiting..... good luck everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an email notifying me I wasn't selected for an interview! 

Sigh, on to hoping for one of the other zillion scholarship applications I've put in pulls through. 

 

Good luck all yall who got an interview :) 

Edited by Gradgrrl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2017 at 11:40 AM, ramsrising said:

I called today and apparently they will be sending invites until Monday!

Thanks for doing that. Looks like some people have been invited to interview while others have received rejections. I lurked the 2016-2017 GC thread and it looks like some applicants didn't receive official rejections until January last cycle. Looks like these "in limbo" applications were placed on a waitlist. Does anyone know more about this?

Still haven't heard back, gonna call in Monday and ask about the "waitlist" and repost. Being in limbo is the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, ramsrising said:

Have any east coast applicants been invited to interview in DC?

I've been lurking as well, but figured it might help to jump in. I'm on the east coast and got the invite Dec 14th for the interview in Seattle for social sciences panel. Seems like there might only be one location this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2017 at 9:01 AM, Rachel patteson said:

I got an official interview invite for physical sciences on Dec. 13th. I'm from the midwest, so I don't know if that says anything

That's great. At least, it's an indicator of interest. Wishing you successful interview session ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all! Did anyone apply from internationally (i.e., im an expat now living in Austria)? Any feedback if so! And did anyone apply for PhD in psychiatry (if so, what happens after under review with department)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shulfer said:

Hi all! Did anyone apply from internationally (i.e., im an expat now living in Austria)? Any feedback if so! And did anyone apply for PhD in psychiatry (if so, what happens after under review with department)?

I applied internationally (Canada) - but not expecting to hear back until probably March or so, from what I've read. :( Eep!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cshal said:

I applied internationally (Canada) - but not expecting to hear back until probably March or so, from what I've read. :( Eep!

Thanks for the response! What program did you apply for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shulfer said:

Thanks for the response! What program did you apply for?

MPhil in Multi-Disciplinary Gender Studies - quite different than yours, I'm afraid!! Lots of people on here from the US so nice to have someone else going through the international process!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cshal said:

MPhil in Multi-Disciplinary Gender Studies - quite different than yours, I'm afraid!! Lots of people on here from the US so nice to have someone else going through the international process!!

Agreed! keep me posted if you hear anything!! and i will with you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shulfer said:

Agreed! keep me posted if you hear anything!! and i will with you!

Absolutely will do!! FWIW, found this timeline for international applicants on another thread:

3 February: department offer
26 February: invited to Gates interview
22-23 March: Gates interview
24 March: Gates offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cshal said:

Absolutely will do!! FWIW, found this timeline for international applicants on another thread:

3 February: department offer
26 February: invited to Gates interview
22-23 March: Gates interview
24 March: Gates offer

Wow! this is very helpful. Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a moment of anxiety and desperately seeking affirmation from anyone who can provide it:

1. I just found a typo in my Gates statement (why would I review it at this point????? There is nothing good to come from this gah) where I wrote "rules" instead of "roles." Thoughts as to how awful this is???

2. I'm also just generally panicking because I'm still under department review and am worried that any international Gates' nominees would already have been accepted by now. Can anyone debunk this, or is there any truth to this freak-out??

 

Ok, sorry for this, but grateful for thoughts/advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I submitted my application right before the deadline (Jan 4th). I uust checked the portal and it says that it’s being reviewed by the degree committee. The website suggests that this means hat it has been approved by the department but that is impossible given the timeline. Does anyone know how this process works exsctly? Do some depsrtments bypass the department approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now